What age can Java’s leave

Updates, stories, and other finch related topics.
Fraza
Molting
Molting

What age can Java’s leave

Post by Fraza » Sat May 05, 2018 6:53 am

So my uncle wants one of my java chicks with other from the other java pair so he ends up with an unrelated pair

However I want to know when they can go to the new home because with zebs and society’s its as soon as they can eat and drink but are Java’s like gouldians when you have to wait till they’re colours come through ?
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3

Icearstorm
Weaning
Weaning

Re: What age can Java’s leave

Post by Icearstorm » Sat May 05, 2018 8:54 am

Fraza

I'd wait at least couple weeks after they can eat and drink so you can make sure they are continuing to feed themselves. I sold mine with its parents when it was around three months old and getting its adult colors; at the rate it was moulting, it probably would have taken around one or two more months to complete the moult. I've heard that others go through a faster moult that is more similar to that of a gouldian. These should be kept while they are moulting.

If you want to keep any of the babies, I'd recommend you only sell them after moulting so you know which ones you want to keep (if judging based off of looks).

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sat May 05, 2018 9:59 am

Yeh okay thanks for the advice I will keep them till they have finished they’re first molt and then find them good homes and I’m not keeping anyway however one is going to my uncle along with my grey pairs chick

And I hope they molt fast I can take them away from the parents before they finish the molt and keep them in a cage can’t I ?
This way I will get my room back in the aviary I was thinking of having a big cage for all my male chicks mixed species then another for all female chicks of mixed species
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Icearstorm
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Icearstorm » Sat May 05, 2018 11:37 am

Fraza

Yes, you can seperate them from their parents once they're fully weaned. I only had to keep mine with its parents because she was my only juvenile and would be lonely otherwise.

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sat May 05, 2018 2:23 pm

Icearstorm Ohright yea well I have another pair of Java’s with seven eggs so hopefully all goes well with them and I will put them with them in a big cage
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL