I got a new bird

Updates, stories, and other finch related topics.
sparrowsong98
Perfect Partner
Perfect Partner

I got a new bird

Post by sparrowsong98 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:17 pm

So, I went to the pet store to get some food for Addy and stopped to look at the birds. Now, normally, I look at them for a bit, then get my food and leave, but on this particular trip, there were 4 different colored finches. There was a silver hen, a CFW hen, a normal male, and a fawn pied hen. I love fawns, and and adore pied finches, so a fawn pied is my absolute favorite. 20 minutes later, I walked out with a small cage, a mirror, a cuttlebone, Addy's food, and a cardboard box with a finch inside. Here is my new bird! Right now she is being quarantined, but I think in a while when Addy meets her she will be very happy since she has been lonely since Macho passed away. Also, this girl has no name and i am open to suggestions!
I currently own:
An Australian shepherd
Many chickens
4 goats
A cat
And a bunny

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: I got a new bird

Post by lovezebs » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:42 am

sparrowsong98

Congratulations, she's a cutie :) .
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

limechiffon
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by limechiffon » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:57 am

She's so pretty! What kind of names do you prefer? People names or other types? All our future cats are going to be named after flowers (since the first one came named Daisy... husband isn't on board with this plan yet though :lol: )

I think of my owl finches as Serge and Ella after the Romanov Grand Duke and his wife from the turn of the last century, but I haven't told anyone that in person yet cause they'll think I'm nuts. :wink:
Gail
*Three Owl finches, 2 Zebra finches, a cat, one painted turtle, one red-eared slider, and too many fish*

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:32 am

limechiffon

I have used names of characters from books, singers, people from history.

How about Piper?
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

FinchLady
Wonder Wooer
Wonder Wooer

Post by FinchLady » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:40 pm

With my Societies I had a pair named Sugar & Spice (white hen and fawn self male). Also, a chocolate pied hen named 'Coco'. Had some lovely chocolate pied/ fawn pied babies from them: Hershey, Nestle, Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon and Nutmeg. :D

sparrowsong98
Perfect Partner
Perfect Partner

Post by sparrowsong98 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:18 pm

lovezebs limechiffon
Thanks! I was expecting to get a male to replace Macho in a few months, and so I had a few boy names in mind and was looking on craigslist and other places, and so I was not expecting getting a girl at all. I think I have decided on the name Willow.
I currently own:
An Australian shepherd
Many chickens
4 goats
A cat
And a bunny

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:39 pm

sparrowsong98

One of my new Canaries (the one with the damaged wing) is called Willow.
~Elana~

limechiffon
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by limechiffon » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:01 am

Willow is a great choice!
Gail
*Three Owl finches, 2 Zebra finches, a cat, one painted turtle, one red-eared slider, and too many fish*

FinchMama
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by FinchMama » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:34 pm

Willow is so cute! Congratulations. :D