Finally got the birds to be more quiet

Updates, stories, and other finch related topics.
wildbird
Brooding
Brooding

Re: Finally got the birds to be more quiet

Post by wildbird » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:15 pm

Icearstorm, it should be an interesting weekend. Let us know what kind of birds they had there and for sale. I hope someone there will be able to help you resolve your situation. Thank you for the information.

Icearstorm
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Icearstorm » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:13 am

wildbird

I didn't see any birds for sale (though I did see someone online say they might bring a couple for another person). There were a few birds and other items for raffle, and one of the people was selling a few show cages. As far as the birds that were being judged went, there were a bunch of zebras, some gouldians, Javas, societies, shaft-tails etc.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find anything with the birds, so I might have to list them on a few of the finch pages (I'll put them on here as well).

Overall I'd say going was worthwhile for me, although I probably won't again unless I'm entering birds. The show confirmed what already seemed to be true; we don't have many good Euros down here, so we'll have to ship some in. One of the people is importing several pairs from Canada next year, so I might buy a pair as well and help cover some of the cost of shipping (since shipping is so expensive, it makes more sense that we ship all of our birds together in the same container). At this point my plans are all screwed up though, so who knows what this next year's going to look like.

wildbird
Brooding
Brooding

Post by wildbird » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:24 am

I didn't realize there were shows for Javas and other finches. That would have been interesting. Thanks for letting me know. I'm sorry that the show was not helpful to you.

Icearstorm
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Icearstorm » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:34 pm

wildbird

Yeah, it was neat to see. Surprisingly, there were no normal Javas, only six or seven silvers and one fawn.

The show may not have helped me with my birds, but now that I know the process, I may enter some time in the distant future. I also won a bag of dried herbs and four small foraging things that clip onto the cage, so that's nice. Plus, it was a good networking opportunity (and I need those, badly).

wildbird
Brooding
Brooding

Post by wildbird » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:49 pm

The silvers and the fawns are beautiful, but I sometimes wonder if the mutations have more health problems than the normals. Your Societies will enjoy that bag of herbs. Wish they would have a show like that closer.