Evacuated because of Fire...

Updates, stories, and other finch related topics.
birdose
Hatchling
Hatchling

Evacuated because of Fire...

Post by birdose » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:58 pm

If you've seen on the news lately, you might have seen those fires raging in Southern California. We evacuated safely, but NOT with all of our family members. We had to leave all of our fish and at least 6 finches (including at least 3 babies). :( This was because we had absolutely no space in our two cars for their large cage, and I am absolutely heartbroken. Our house hasn't burned down yet, and I'm praying it never will. I really can't imagine what will happen to the finches and fish inside, and I will never forgive myself. The fire is close, but far away enough for us to still have hope.

My heart goes out to those who had already lost their homes and beloved pets.
☆Orange-Cheeked Zebra Finches, Black-Cheeked Zebra Finches, and Society Finches☆

Non-finch Friends: 2 dogs, 3 English budgies, a guinea pig, a rabbit, a cockatiel, and a lovebird

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Re: Evacuated because of Fire...

Post by Fraza » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:23 pm

birdose or no I feel bad for you and then it’s not your fault tho

Is the birds got lots of food ther ? By any chance

I hope your house manages to stay intact get well soon
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3

birdose
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by birdose » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:26 pm

Yeah, they got a bunch of extra food; thank you so much for the condolences!
☆Orange-Cheeked Zebra Finches, Black-Cheeked Zebra Finches, and Society Finches☆

Non-finch Friends: 2 dogs, 3 English budgies, a guinea pig, a rabbit, a cockatiel, and a lovebird

Icearstorm
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Icearstorm » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:45 pm

birdose

That's scary :/ I had to evacuate last year due to fire, but it was just an isolated incident that they got under control in a couple of hours; I can't imagine what it's like with those continuous wildfires. Wishing you, your family, and your pets all stay safe.

birdose
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by birdose » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:07 pm

Icearstorm thank you so so much. :)

isobea
Incubating
Incubating

Post by isobea » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:34 am

birdose - I am so sorry you had to leave them behind!
All day today half of the sky was whitish from smoke that somehow made it all the way down here (and we are about 2 1/2 hours away from the Woolsey fire). I was looking at my aviary, wondering what I would do, how I could evacuate my birds. Last winter the Lilac fire was pretty close to us (by Fallbrook) and a breeder of finches I know lost thousands of birds then.
I'm hoping with all my heart that your house, all your belongings, the birds and fish will be unharmed when you return.
Iso

MariusStegmann
Weaning
Weaning

Post by MariusStegmann » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:51 am

Birdrose. All the best. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Marius

limechiffon
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by limechiffon » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:53 am

Thinking of your family and your pets. :(
Gail
*Three Owl finches, 2 Zebra finches, a cat, one painted turtle, one red-eared slider, and too many fish*

FinchMama
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by FinchMama » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:17 am

birdose, I hope all is okay. Adding to the prayers!

birdose
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by birdose » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:09 am

isobea Wow, I'm so sorry about that and for what happened to your friend's birds. I would never be able to cope with a thousand lost birds! I hope your friend recovered well. Prayers to you and your friend, and I am really sorry this reply was so so late! I am beyond grateful that I returned to my home intact, and all is well with my pets now! Thank you so much for your well-wishes. :)

birdose
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by birdose » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:12 am

FinchMama limechiffon MariusStegmann

Thank you all so much for the prayers! Sorry this reply was so late, but I am so so grateful that I came back to my house with my pets intact! We evacuated for about 5 days, which was pretty good considering there were places evacuated for weeks. All is well now, and thanks so much again for the well-wishes! :)

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:30 am

birdose that’s is great I’m happy your house stayed intact and happy that your birds survived it could have gone so much worse
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3

isobea
Incubating
Incubating

Post by isobea » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:43 pm

birdose - Thank you so much for the update! I've been wondering if you and your family are alright. That must have been a very frightening and worrisome experience.
Wishing you a happy, healthy and safe (!) New Year!
Iso

wildbird
Brooding
Brooding

Post by wildbird » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:10 am

It's great that everyone survived, and you were able to return in a relatively short time. This will give you time to prepare in case there is another disaster. Maybe pick up some small travel cages for your birds so they can go with you.

birdose
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by birdose » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:27 am

isobea Thanks so much for the kind response~ wishing you a happy, healthy, and safe New Year too! :mrgreen: