What do you suggest???

Updates, stories, and other finch related topics.
cezhart
Pip
Pip

What do you suggest???

Post by cezhart » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:18 am

When I have the cage ready & am able to pick up my new little birdies I'm conserned with the temp outside when bringing them home. I'm assuming they give them to you in a little box but I'm wondering what else I can do to keep them warm until I get home. It would only be about a 45 min. drive but it's really cold in Missouri in the winter.

kenny
Weaning
Weaning

Post by kenny » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:25 pm

make the holes slightly larger with a ball point pen then put them in a cardboard box and surround them with polystyrene packing chips .making sure the breathing holes are visible and they should be ok on the trip home providing you have the heating on in the car

ken
you can always tell a yorkshireman,but you cant tell him much

tammieb
Brooding
Brooding

Post by tammieb » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:50 pm

I have transported birds in the little box they give you at the store, just made sure I had the truck warmed in advance. I took along a large paper sack and just sat the box down in it and rolled down the top and stapled it shut.

Do as Kenny said, or add more holes, (they usually don't take time to put more than two or three) so the birds get plenty of air.
TammieB.

Use the talents you possess - for the woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except for the best. ~Henry Van Dyke~