Feeling guilty, but I had to!

Updates, stories, and other finch related topics.
Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Feeling guilty, but I had to!

Post by Hilary » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:57 am

OK, just had to 'fess up to people who would understand. I stopped in a pet store and they had a cordon bleu hen and a black headed nun. One of my "pairs" of cbs is actually probably brother and sister (got them at the same store at the same time), so I've never set them up to breed. 1) They're getting so hard to find that I had to grab one when it was available, and 2) I can now switch hens (which means finding a cock for my original girl). Right? I also have a lone black headed nun who has paired up (no chicks allowed) with a society hen. 1) This is the first BH nun I've seen since my dismal attempt to provide Bob with a mate last spring (who promptly died), so if it's female I can try pairing them, and 2) It's the first BH nun I've seen since last spring. Right? So I'm justified! Doesn't matter how many birds I already have - I had to! :oops:

Hilary

zookeeper
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Post by zookeeper » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:22 am

Been there, done that.

Thalia
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Post by Thalia » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:17 am

lol sounds like you made the only logical decision! :wink: good luck with the new pairings :)

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Hilary » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:03 pm

Doesn't it figure. I was in the kitchen by the basement stairs (quarantine is in the basement) and what do I hear but the funny song of a black-headed nun! So I have two cocks and nary a hen to be found. :( Of course, on the right side I won't be breaking up Bob and his little society girlfriend just yet, and when I do find hens I should be able to produce unrelated pairs! :wink:

Hilary

vetbridge
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Post by vetbridge » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:51 pm

zookeeper wrote:Been there, done that.
Yes, but did you get the t-shirt?
:lol: