FS Several Species in DFW TX

Here you may offer your finch-related wares for sale or trade, or arrange to make private trades or sales of finches, provided that you comply with all local, state, and federal laws and requirements. CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware): this forum will not provide regulation, guarantee, warranty, or supervision of sellers/traders/buyers or their wares.
finchmix22
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

FS Several Species in DFW TX

Post by finchmix22 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:00 pm

Many of you already know about my health problems recently. So, I am having to down size my lovely finches! :( I know it will be easier to let go if I find them good homes through the FF, so if you are interested in any combination, pm me please. The following are a discount price to FF members. I will ship if you are willing to pay for airline shipping on Continental or Delta, both of which I've used to receive finches previously and they were great to work with me, as a nervous finch owner. LOL.

Lavender Pair- 2 years old $70 for pair
RCCB pair- 2 1/2 years old $60 for pair
Various Society Mutations (Pearl/Fawn/Dilute Selfs, Cream Ino, Grey Ino, Fawn/Chocolate Pied, Grey Pearl, Dark Brown Self, Albino, Crested) There are 12 males and 10 females. $15 each or $20 for two.
Normal (NG=Normal Grey) Owls, various ages, all NFSS2011 banded $80 each
Fawn Owls, various ages, all NFSS 2011 banded $100 each
Fawn/NG Owl pairs ( all above owls are paired, but could be rearranged), $160 pair
GS proven pairs, two years old, $60 pair
YF Stars (1 cock, 1 hen-NFSS2012 banded, siblings, split to Isabel/Dilute) $45 each
YF Star 2 cocks 2011 $40 each (older male, 2010, if great father to over 6 clutches, but lost his mate this season)
Forbes Parrot Finches NFSS 2012, 2 hens, 1 cock
Forbes Parrot Finches, 2011, 2 adult cocks
RTPF-Pied male, 2011, $125

If you want to purchase more than a pair of finches, I'm willing to negotiate the price, if they'll go to a home with lots of flying room and good care!
DEBORAH

finchmix22
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: FS Several Species in DFW TX

Post by finchmix22 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:56 pm

I just noticed I did not put a price for the Forbes 2012 banded juvies. There are two hens and one cock, hatched October 1st 2012. $125 each.

The YF Stars are taken.
Others still available!!
DEBORAH

Rayven
Pip
Pip

Post by Rayven » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi. I joined this site so I could contact you. I saw your post in the for sale area when I googled for finches and ran across this site. I am planning to buy a few more finches but I am very nervous about shipping birds. I know people do it all the time but I think I'd prefer to avoid it if possible. No one in my area (Tulsa) seems to sell nice finches and I am planning to go to my mother's (Richland Hills, Tx, over by Hurst/Bedford/Euless) for the holiday. Your ad states you are in the DFW area so I am hoping you aren't too far from my Mom's area.

Do you still have birds available? I am interested in parrot finches, Cordon Blues, and possibly a few others. I have a bunch of societies, zebras, and a green singer and I'd like to have a bit more variety. I was originally planning on some Gouldians but parrot finches look just as nice so I might want some of those instead. If you still have birds and aren't too far from Richland Hills or are in an area I'll pass through to get to her house I would like to buy them while I'm in town. I can bring a cage with me.

Thanks

wellingtoncdm

Post by wellingtoncdm » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:48 pm

Again I am so sorry you are going thru this. As you know I am interested in the pied bird but feel ok if you find someone closer for him. It's hard to justify shipping one bird on an airline. I hope you get well fast!

TweeterinColorado
Pip
Pip

Post by TweeterinColorado » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:03 pm

I'm new here and I am unsure how this works...or how to post my own listing.

I am in Denver and I'm interested in purchasing several pairs. We have a home built aviary about 8x6x2 and recently lost a number of birds in a move.

I'm interested in owls, lavenders and parrots as well as any usual goulians.
Last edited by Sally on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed phone number.

Rayven
Pip
Pip

Post by Rayven » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:59 pm

Deborah, I tried to reply to your PM but this site will not allow me to send or even reply to PM's. I tried to send you one before I originally posted in this thread and it also wouldn't allow me.

I was in Ft. Worth and wanted to buy birds from you but I had no way to contact you. I am now back in Oklahoma but I may be back that way in a few months. Since I cannot send PM's I have no idea how I can contact you though.

This post will have to be approved before it will even show up, which is another annoyance. I would like to tell whoever runs this site that your rules are very annoying and will drive away new members. This experience has left a very bad taste in my mouth concerning this site. I understand you want to prevent people from sending spam PM's to members, but not allowing a new person like me to even reply to PM's is ridiculous.

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:43 am

Scott Golden recently posted on the NFSS forum that he is looking for Forbes hens. He is specializing in Parrot finches, especially the more difficult species, so they would go into a serious breeding program.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

finchmix22
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by finchmix22 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:49 am

Rayven wrote: Deborah, I tried to reply to your PM but this site will not allow me to send or even reply to PM's. I tried to send you one before I originally posted in this thread and it also wouldn't allow me.

I was in Ft. Worth and wanted to buy birds from you but I had no way to contact you. I am now back in Oklahoma but I may be back that way in a few months. Since I cannot send PM's I have no idea how I can contact you though.

This post will have to be approved before it will even show up, which is another annoyance. I would like to tell whoever runs this site that your rules are very annoying and will drive away new members. This experience has left a very bad taste in my mouth concerning this site. I understand you want to prevent people from sending spam PM's to members, but not allowing a new person like me to even reply to PM's is ridiculous.
So sorry the newbie rules are frustrating. Can you read the pm's? I'll send you my contact information if you can see what I send on pm.
DEBORAH

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:51 am

I can act as an intermediary if you want, as newbies can receive PM's from moderators. I can send her your contact information.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

finchmix22
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by finchmix22 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:53 am

Thanks Sally. :mrgreen:
DEBORAH

finchmix22
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by finchmix22 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:10 am

Edit on available finches:
YF Stars-Sold
Owls & GS-no longer available, will be keeping them
Lavendar pair-$70
Rccb pair-$60
Society Adults-NFSS 2011/12-$15 for mutations (Cream Ino, Grey Ino, Pearl-Grey Self, Black/Brown Self), $10 for chocolate pied
Society Juveniles-2012/13: $20 for mutations, $15 for others
Cream Ino, Fawn Dilutes, Crested, Fawn pied, Choc. pied, Dilute chocolate, Marked white chocolate pied.
Discount if purchase a group of finches.
DEBORAH

Mae
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Post by Mae » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:25 am

I'm interested in the lavender pair, are they still available?

Mae
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Post by Mae » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:31 am

Oh and the rccb pair lol

finchmix22
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by finchmix22 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:40 pm

Sorry, the lavender and rccb pairs are sold. I only have Society juveniles now. There are fifteen and they're almost weaned, about another 12 days or so.
DEBORAH

finchmix22
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: FS Several Species in DFW TX-ALL SOLD!

Post by finchmix22 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:42 am

A Huge Thank You to Sally, Helen and Jan for taking all the available finches! Now, I have half the amount to care for during treatment. =D> =D> [-o<
DEBORAH