Antique Armoire Flight Cage with finches

Here you may offer your finch-related wares for sale or trade, or arrange to make private trades or sales of finches, provided that you comply with all local, state, and federal laws and requirements. CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware): this forum will not provide regulation, guarantee, warranty, or supervision of sellers/traders/buyers or their wares.
ppg5tu
Callow Courter
Callow Courter

Antique Armoire Flight Cage with finches

Post by ppg5tu » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:36 pm

Need to get rid of our custom built aviary with our finches as well. We bought the armoire at an antique store and it was over $300 when we go it. It has a rustic look with the original hinges and drawer knobs. The piece itself is 43"wide x 26"deep x 70"tall. The area that the birds fly in is about 3 ft tall and the rest of the dimensions hold true. As you can see we have 2 nests in there right now along with 2 feeders and 2 waterers. This will last them at least a week without doing anything. The bottom half of the piece has 2 drawers for storage as well as a bottom cabinet for even more storage. It's great because you can have all your seed,cage liners, etc underneath. Both sides of the cage have double doors for ease of cleaning and catching birds. The birds that are included include the following:

Gouldians:
Red head White Breast Green-back Female (fully colored, under 8 months old)
Orange head White Breast Green-back Female (under 6 months old)
Black head Purple Breast Green-back Female (under 6 months old)
Orange head Purple Breast Green-back Male (under 6 months old)

Zebras:
1 pair of Black Cheeks, female is English Zebra Finch, and both are 1.5yrs old
1 pair of Pied with a clutch of eggs currently
1 pair which is made up of a crested male and a CFW female, currently laying on clutch as well

The gouldians cost us anywhere between $50-75 each and the zebras were about $75 all together. They will come with all their extra seed, cage liners, nesting material, nests, feeders, waterers, and whatever else we have for them as well. Along with the cage we are asking $800. We will NOT sell the birds separate from the cage. We also can't deliver as the cage is slightly too large for our SUV. If you have any questions please let us know. We are in Central Virginia. Thanks
Attachments
2013-09-01 19.12.21.jpg
2013-09-01 19.12.07.jpg
2013-09-01 19.11.56.jpg
Phil

Gouldians & Owls

ppg5tu
Callow Courter
Callow Courter

Re: Antique Armoire Flight Cage with finches

Post by ppg5tu » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:04 pm

Sorry I can't figure out how to edit the post. The wife wants it gone ASAP. She will sell it for $650.
Phil

Gouldians & Owls

Majd
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Post by Majd » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:50 am

How nice!!! I'd love one like that... that's exactly what I want to do... but don't have an antique furniture like that YET...

birdclaws
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by birdclaws » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:48 am

I know you had taken interest in some of my gouldians once they have finished molting.
I take it you are no longer keeping finches?
Brian

Gouldians, Java Sparrows, Cape Doves

ppg5tu
Callow Courter
Callow Courter

Post by ppg5tu » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:19 am

Actually we are still keeping some, the birds we are selling with the cage are the birds we have decided we no longer need to keep. We have a friend in town that swaps babies with us on occasion and we know we can always get the birds that we are getting rid of at anytime with him. We plan on keeping a few mating pairs still in our other cage.
Phil

Gouldians & Owls

DanteD716
Good Egg
Good Egg

Post by DanteD716 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:38 pm

Good luck with your selling! Beautiful setup
Dante