looking for 2 male gouldians

Here you may offer your finch-related wares for sale or trade, or arrange to make private trades or sales of finches, provided that you comply with all local, state, and federal laws and requirements. CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware): this forum will not provide regulation, guarantee, warranty, or supervision of sellers/traders/buyers or their wares.
FLDonna
Pip
Pip

looking for 2 male gouldians

Post by FLDonna » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:23 pm

Hi from Central Florida--am new on forum, I currently have 2 male gouldians and would like 2 more....just love their sweet personalities and pretty songs. Have a second large cage ready to house 2 new boys.... Does anyone have any (perhaps) black headed male gouldians. ...
I live near Ocala.
Donna, Rudy the parrotlet and the Finch Boys

30 Seconds to Bob
Weaning
Weaning

Re: looking for 2 male gouldians

Post by 30 Seconds to Bob » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:13 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum! On the 22nd of this month, there's a bird fair coming up in Jacksonville. I know that that's a bit of a drive for you, but those shows usually have lots and lots of gouldians at relatively inexpensive prices. If you can wait until October 6th, there's one in Brooksville. I know that's a bit closer. I travel I-75 from Tampa to Gainesville quite often to visit my son. Good luck! Bob
3 canaries
2 orange cheeked waxbill finches
2 java finches, 1 split to normal, 1 white
2 bourke parakeets
1 american staffordshire/american pit bull terrier
1 boston/jack russel terrier mix
6 adopted stray cats
2 adult, 1 young leopard gecko
4 fish tanks and 4 fish bowls
3 turtles
2 teenage kids and 1 wife

FLDonna
Pip
Pip

Post by FLDonna » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:56 pm

Thanks Bob--guess I will do a Google search for the Jacksonville fair--I know about Brooksville and Orlando. I don't mind going to Jax (going the following week to a big quilt show!) Actually someone in Miami contacted me last nite too and we texted back and forth. We may connect the end of October if he travels to Orlando then. I have learned a lot on this forum and have been ordering from Lady Gouldians.com. Great service and I think I could have a LOT of Gouldians if they were more available! I love the owl finches too, but like the songs of the Gouldians. These little guys are addictive, but I'm a big believer in giving them big enough cages, so I don't have enuf room for anymore cages, with my parrotlet, the current Finch boys and hopefully 2 more! Will let everyone know when I get my black headed Goulds!

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:38 pm

FLDonna

Donna, many of the marts and shows are posted on our calendar. You can either click on the Calendar listing just to the left (just above Phoogle map and The Team) which will show you the full month at a time, or you can scroll through the calendar at the bottom of the index page. All listings are by location, and when you see a listing that interests you, simply click on that city, and more information will appear (at least as much as we have).

And welcome to the forum! There's lots of good reading at the Finch Information Center, linked at left, and the members are always ready to answer questions.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

FLDonna
Pip
Pip

Post by FLDonna » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:49 pm

Thanks so much! I found it and it is very helpful!
Donna

Toddmin
Sisal Slave
Sisal Slave

Post by Toddmin » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:03 am

Too bad you weren't closer to Atlanta, I have several black headed males that just finished coloring up!
- Todd