Free in CO: Finch and nice large cage

Here you may offer your finch-related wares for sale or trade, or arrange to make private trades or sales of finches, provided that you comply with all local, state, and federal laws and requirements. CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware): this forum will not provide regulation, guarantee, warranty, or supervision of sellers/traders/buyers or their wares.
heath
Pip
Pip

Free in CO: Finch and nice large cage

Post by heath » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:39 am

I have enjoyed keeping zebra finches for 5 years, they really are fun to have around - singing all the time, zipping around, splashing excessively when bathing, sitting together at the end of the day. I had four but now am down to one. I knew this day would come, when I would be down to a lone, social bird. Now I can either get him a friend or give him away as a friend. I have had a great time keeping these birds but I would like to take a break from the responsibility right now. Perhaps I'll have finches again someday.

I would like to give him to someone else with zebras, or someone else who is interested in starting to keep zebs and can get him a friend. Alex is a pretty nice bird, he hasn't been one to pick on others. He is active and loves bathing. Though he prefers seed (as most finches do), he knows how to eat bird pellets and chopped fresh foods.

He comes in a nice large PreVue Hendryx cage and with some other supplies - a K&H bird heater, some dishes, a swing. I am located in Colorado.
Attachments
Lonely Alex looking for a friend.
Lonely Alex looking for a friend.
A close up of handsome Alex.
A close up of handsome Alex.

Spreckles
3 Eggs Laid
3 Eggs Laid

Re: Free in CO: Finch and nice large cage

Post by Spreckles » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:55 pm

Wow unfortunately I am in MS. You will have a taker for sure. Very generous to give all this away.

Karen

Celeris
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Post by Celeris » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:14 pm

Heath, I'm in Colorado and have just started keeping zebras (have had societies since Dec.) I've got two males at present and, at the least, would be interested in getting an idea of the likelihood of me giving Alex a home with some buddies. Not sure if I've graduated to regular membership, so I may be unable to private message just yet? Unsure.

Anyhow, would love a chance to see if I can help you with little Alex. Hate to see him by himself!

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:21 pm

heath Celeris

You are correct that you will not be able to PM Heath just yet, since you are a new member. What we can do is that you can send a PM to me, and then I can forward it to Heath. Then, if you wish, you two can continue your conversation via your private email. Hope this works out for the two of you.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org