FOUND Zebras / Societies near Roanoke, VA

Here you may offer your finch-related wares for sale or trade, or arrange to make private trades or sales of finches, provided that you comply with all local, state, and federal laws and requirements. CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware): this forum will not provide regulation, guarantee, warranty, or supervision of sellers/traders/buyers or their wares.
dbotos
Pip
Pip

FOUND Zebras / Societies near Roanoke, VA

Post by dbotos » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:19 pm

New to finches and looking to get a pair of males. Like the coloration of Zebras but also considering Societies as I've read they can be more laid-back. I'm actually in the New River Valley area (Blacksburg / Christiansburg) but Roanoke is the closest "big" city. My inclination is to buy from a breeder / private seller versus going to a big chain pet store. If anyone has any they are looking to sell / rehome or can point me to someone who does, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
David
Last edited by Sally on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Member has found a pair of Societies.

Randomusername
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: ISO Zebras / Societies near Roanoke, VA

Post by Randomusername » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:22 am

If you find someone local with societies let me know as I'm also in Roanoke. Pet smart zebra and societies didn't look too hot. I almost bought a couple pile of societies because I felt sorry for them!

dbotos
Pip
Pip

Post by dbotos » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:44 am

I ended up getting a pair of societies a couple weeks ago from the Petsmart in Christiansburg. They had been out of zebras and societies forever and finally had some societies in. They looked healthy and fairly active and have been enjoying their 30 x 18 x 18" cage since I brought them home. There's also a Petco in the Towers shopping center. I never made it over there to check when I was looking.

Randomusername
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by Randomusername » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:01 am

I've seen parakeets at petco at towers but never finches. It's still a great pet store. I buy lots of supplies there. How are you enjoying the societies?