Looking for star finches in AZ

Here you may offer your finch-related wares for sale or trade, or arrange to make private trades or sales of finches, provided that you comply with all local, state, and federal laws and requirements. CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware): this forum will not provide regulation, guarantee, warranty, or supervision of sellers/traders/buyers or their wares.
paul-inAZ
3 Eggs Laid
3 Eggs Laid

Looking for star finches in AZ

Post by paul-inAZ » Wed May 04, 2016 7:25 pm

I want to add some star finches.
Anyone in southern Arizona have extras? I mean within reasonable driving distance of Phoenix.
Summer heat is coming so shipping becomes problematic even if the cost of shipping wasn't prohibitive for relatively inexpensive birds.

Best to contact by email. paul2s at cox dot net

OAvila1986
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Re: Looking for star finches in AZ

Post by OAvila1986 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:49 pm

You should check the next birdmart event. Find out when and where the next event might be. I'm not sure of an exact website. Maybe someone might be able to help you with that here in the forum.
But I went to the one near me in cali. And all these venders brought to sell. So many different species I didn't know they existed. I got a Firefinch.
| Orlando |

paul-inAZ
3 Eggs Laid
3 Eggs Laid

Post by paul-inAZ » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:19 am

I do tend to go to these. The last one was a couple of months ago. There is nothing scheduled through the summer. Too damned hot to travel around with birds in their trucks.
In addition to stars I'd like to get seagreen parrot finches.
I'll just have to be patient.
Thanks.

OAvila1986
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Post by OAvila1986 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:46 am

paul-inAZ
Have you tried all the individual petshops petstores near you? I live near LA ca and I accutually went to each one to see if they had society finches by where I lived and I found 1. At the time I didn't have cash and this store was cash only so I waited to long I guess that I return and they were sold out.
Never heard of parrot finches I'm sure they will be hard to find.
| Orlando |