Bird Prices

Here you may offer your finch-related wares for sale or trade, or arrange to make private trades or sales of finches, provided that you comply with all local, state, and federal laws and requirements. CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware): this forum will not provide regulation, guarantee, warranty, or supervision of sellers/traders/buyers or their wares.
gomer
Perfect Partner
Perfect Partner

Post by gomer » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am

HoangQuan wrote:Wow Im lucky living in Vietnam :oops:
Here I can get finches with a low prices( maybe lowest(!)), but dont have famous mutation, I have to order some mutations from Thailand. But here're the price :)
social--1$ each
Zebra--2,5$ each
Gouldian--30$ each
Strawberry--2,5$ each
Long tail---25$ each
Some other native finches( wild social, black headed munias, white headed munias)---1$ for 1-2 birds :D
How much for a buttler,driver and cook? $20 a week? Im there :D
adiction is better than cure

HoangQuan
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Post by HoangQuan » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:56 am

Sally, strawberry is hard to find here, too; but I cant ever imagine they will cost more than 50$(!). I heard that most of them were caught and exported to China or some other nearby countries with a very cheap price :(. So the chance for us to see them at pet stores is like, really small. Usually the rain season is the time you can find them with a large amount in stores.
Anyway you can easily find Gouldian and other kind of popular finches with an acceptable price :roll: . I know that some keepers even grow their own millet and some kind of plant having seeds use to feed the bird, so the price can get even lower and lower. But I dont think that was "cheap", cuz you know, the average income of Vietnamese is only around 50--100$ per person/month( sounds ridiculous, right? but that's true!). As a student now, I guess I am so lucky having a part-time job that can get me about 200-400$ every month :)
If you guys have time and decide to make a trip to Vietnam, just contact me and I'll take you travel around Hochiminh city, and bet you'll be surprise not only because of the finches' prices but other birds, too 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gomer
IT's about 30$ per week and you have a butler in your home lol, try to move here, buddy :D :D :D

P.s: you guys, just call me Hoang :P, Quan is my last name.

L in Ontario
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by L in Ontario » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:33 am

Just emailed a person about 2 male Red Parrot Finches for $45 each. One is 4 years old the other is 3 years old. Should still have some breeding time in them. Might pick them up this weekend depending on the weather.
Liz

HoangQuan
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Post by HoangQuan » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:59 pm

Since I cant find blue and silver Gould from any breeders, I'm checking for a pet store that can import them from Thailand with the price about 70$/each, not too much, right? '__'
There're some green singing finches, about 80--100$ each depend on if the bird is male or female.

L in Ontario
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by L in Ontario » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:19 am

HoangQuan wrote:Since I cant find blue and silver Gould from any breeders, I'm checking for a pet store that can import them from Thailand with the price about 70$/each, not too much, right? '__'
There're some green singing finches, about 80--100$ each depend on if the bird is male or female.
$70 each is not too much over here! :D If I had any to sell - I would charge $150 for Blues and $175 for Silvers. I hope you can find some!! :D

I don't know anything about Green Singing Finches.
Liz

HoangQuan
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Post by HoangQuan » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:28 am

Liz, that means Blue and silver are really rare and hard to find in your place?
Hope I can get some. Im counting every days to the end of the month :P, most of my juvies turn out to be male *__*, I must find some hens now..

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:48 am

The price for the Gouldians is much less than in the US, but the price for the Green Singers is much higher. You can get pairs of GS for less than $100. I guess the difference in price between males and females over there is because the males have a lovely song, while the females don't sing at all.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

HoangQuan
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Post by HoangQuan » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:18 am

Sally, both male and female green singing finch can sing!
the difference between them is the female have a shorter lifetime than the male, they usually die because of eggbound.

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:25 am

Wow, learn something new all the time. I never knew the female Green Singers had a song. I have a lone male, and he has a beautiful canary-like song (of course, closely related to canaries), but when I had hens, I never heard them sing.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

HoangQuan
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Post by HoangQuan » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:45 am

I know that the song of female green singer is not so loud and long as the male one, and they dont sing so often :P

BB
Mature
Mature

Finch prices

Post by BB » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:52 pm

When in Saigon, Viet Nam I bought a BH-WB-BB gouldian male for US$300 from a breeder ( Hai Cu) who imported it from Thailand. That male later died of air- sac mite infection! The prices given by Hoang are pre- bird flu prices, not post, so don't waste your time thinking about getting some finches on your next trip to Nam...
Last edited by BB on Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

BB
Mature
Mature

Finches in Viet Nam

Post by BB » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:24 pm

Strawberries in Viet Nam are ALL wild caught, not the domestic ones you find here in the States, that's why their colors are a lot more vibrant. In the wild they're able to feed on something that those kept in cages aren't. Under CITES rules you cannot import them here. Furthermore, wild strawberries mostly died in a few days of captivity... Other things, I think that only in Viet Nam that you can find a person working like an animal for US$30 a month while another make 10 times our annual salary (45,000/year) here in a day! That's the reason why you see many Porsche's, BMW's, Bentley's, RR's, even Maybach's (I didn't know what Maybach was, now I know!)... costing the likes of half a million US$ (dealer's price+shipping by air+100% import tax+50% special consumer price tax+....) criss-crossing the streets. People spending US$10,000 a night are not a rare kind. Talk about equality!

, for US$ 50
HoangQuan wrote:Sally, strawberry is hard to find here, too; but I cant ever imagine they will cost more than 50$(!). I heard that most of them were caught and exported to China or some other nearby countries with a very cheap price :(. So the chance for us to see them at pet stores is like, really small. Usually the rain season is the time you can find them with a large amount in stores.
Anyway you can easily find Gouldian and other kind of popular finches with an acceptable price :roll: . I know that some keepers even grow their own millet and some kind of plant having seeds use to feed the bird, so the price can get even lower and lower. But I dont think that was "cheap", cuz you know, the average income of Vietnamese is only around 50--100$ per person/month( sounds ridiculous, right? but that's true!). As a student now, I guess I am so lucky having a part-time job that can get me about 200-400$ every month :)
If you guys have time and decide to make a trip to Vietnam, just contact me and I'll take you travel around Hochiminh city, and bet you'll be surprise not only because of the finches' prices but other birds, too 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gomer
IT's about 30$ per week and you have a butler in your home lol, try to move here, buddy :D :D :D

P.s: you guys, just call me Hoang :P, Quan is my last name.

HoangQuan
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Re: Finch prices

Post by HoangQuan » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:53 am

BB wrote:When in Saigon, Viet Nam I bought a BH-WB-BB gouldian male for US$300 from a breeder ( Hai Cu) who imported it from Thailand. That male later died of air- sac mite infection! The prices given by Hoang are pre- bird flu prices, not post, so don't waste your time thinking about getting some finches on your next trip to Nam...
So that was you! The Earth is really round, right? :D
Once I asked uncle Hai Cu about that pair, he said that a guy bought them, and I didnt ask for the price. From what I know, uncle Hai Cu imported just one pair of Blue Gouldians from Thailand, then he breeded them and had several generations. all of them were very strong and well-kept, I wonder if you did buy the very first male or one of his chicks. But anyway, BB, even after bird-flu, I can still buy Gouldian with that price, in fact, I bought two pair of normal green for about 120$ 4 weeks ago. Im gonna purchase a BH-WB-BB pair from a pet shop with about 150$, and they're imported from Thailand, too. I think you were wrong, the time you bought that Gouldian is In the middle of the bird-flu, every kind of birds were really rare and hard to find, so that price was understandable. :). Things get a lil'bit easy now! I am sure that the prices I posted is totally true. Anybody can buy finches with that prices in Vietnam, the problem is, how you can take'em out of Vietnam.
And I kept my strawberries for more than a year now, you cant easily say that "wild strawberries mostly died in a few days of captivity". They did the molt twice and still get the full bright red colour, so you cant either tell "In the wild they're able to feed on something that those kept in cages aren't". In my opinion, it's not where the birds from, it's who the keeper is that matters.

Finally, I totally agree with you about the equality. :)

And, BB, do we know each other? How long have you been abroad?

Alec's Finches
Callow Courter
Callow Courter

Post by Alec's Finches » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:57 pm

in south florida i know a man in hialeah that breed zebras-cuban finches! he has owls ,europeans, and alot more for the cheapest prices ever! i got this awesome breeding cage from him for 30$!!!

and elso egg food and finch mix are 2.50$ a pound!!!
Alec,
Experienced Breeder of Zebra Finches,Java Finches,European Goldfinches and Red Factor Canaries.

NJP
Pip
Pip

Re: Bird Prices

Post by NJP » Sun May 10, 2009 7:49 pm

dfcauley wrote:I went this morning to a bird fair in Atlanta.

I did notice that the prices were up some from two months ago when I was there.

Owls - 70.00 each

Courdon Blues 60.00 each

Red-Head Parrot Finches 90.00 each

Gouldians 75.00 -100.00 each. (some breeders would not sell unless you bought hen and cock)

Star finches 45.00 each

Goldbreasted 45.00 each

Society and Zebras 5.00 - 10,00 each

This is just some of them. If you need to know the prices of others I can get this for you.
AT LEAST YOU HAVE A CHOICE. WHERE I LIVE ITS ZEBRAS & GOULDIANS AND NOT MUCH ELSE.