Bird Prices

Here you may offer your finch-related wares for sale or trade, or arrange to make private trades or sales of finches, provided that you comply with all local, state, and federal laws and requirements. CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware): this forum will not provide regulation, guarantee, warranty, or supervision of sellers/traders/buyers or their wares.
jessyh
Nestling
Nestling

Re: Bird Prices

Post by jessyh » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:26 am

Current prices (each bird) around Tacoma, Washington USA:

Petsmart-Societies $19.99, Zebras $16.99, Red Cheek Cordons $99.99, Green Singers $79.99, Spice Finches $23.99

The Wildside Pets-Lady Gouldian (Black head, green back, purple breast) $129.99 each, Star Finch $159.99, Zebras $13.99
Euro&Normal Societies, Stars, Goulds, Zebras, Canaries, OC Waxbills, Hybrids (not bred by me), Cutthroats, Diamond Doves & Shaft Tails. 1 GC conure, 9 aquariums (hobby before finches), 2 pit bulls, 1 cat, 1 axolotl, 2 mice, and 1 corn snake.

cindy
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Post by cindy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:03 am

This is what I paid for mine here in sunny Florida

Gold Breast $35 each

Owls $85 each

RCCB $45 each

Shaftails $35 each

St Helena $30 each

Orange Cheek $10 each

Zebra, Gouldians, Java, CBM Shaft tail & Grasskeets

~ My Facebook groups ~

*Finchaholics ~ finches, hookbills, softbills & canaries are welcome here!
discussions regarding species, housing, breeding, preventatives, treatments

*Birdaholics ~ Avian Classified Ads Only

lovemyfinch
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovemyfinch » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:19 am

OMG Cindy, if prices around here were that low, I would have already filled up my entire house. :shock:
1 Shaftail - pet store=89.99$
- kijiji = between 50$ and 60$
Janine

shaftails,gouldians,societies,green singers,owls,cubans, and 1 parrotlet

CandoAviary
Good Egg
Good Egg

Post by CandoAviary » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:40 am

Janine,
That's one of the reasons the Canadians come here to vacation :D A lot of bang for the buck. I love that they are affectionately referred to as SnowBirds here :D

lovemyfinch
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovemyfinch » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:21 pm

CandoAviary wrote:Janine,
That's one of the reasons the Canadians come here to vacation :D A lot of bang for the buck. I love that they are affectionately referred to as SnowBirds here :D
I beleive that they are referred to as snowbirds because they fly South when the snow flies, just like the geese. :lol:

Just checked up on my local pet store they are now asking $119.00 each for shaftails :shock: . Wonder if I could get them to give me half that amount for mine :wink:
Last edited by lovemyfinch on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janine

cindy
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Post by cindy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:53 pm

Janine, you can come for a vacation to sunny Florida and take home shaftails. My female is in the nest quiet a bit, they have been mating. If they have young I will sell them for around $30 each.

I know I can bring you some. My husband was in Banff a few years ago for a week long meeting. I was suppose to go with him since the town is geered towards the arts. I had to stay home both girls got the flu the day we were to leave together (quiet lovely!).

I still joke and tell him he owes me a trip up there. He got to ski and tour the shops. Me, I got to play nurse to the girls. (SIGH)

So Janine....when you would like your shaftails delivered?

~ My Facebook groups ~

lovemyfinch
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovemyfinch » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:24 pm

cindy wrote:Janine, you can come for a vacation to sunny Florida and take home shaftails. My female is in the nest quiet a bit, they have been mating. If they have young I will sell them for around $30 each.

I know I can bring you some. My husband was in Banff a few years ago for a week long meeting. I was suppose to go with him since the town is geered towards the arts. I had to stay home both girls got the flu the day we were to leave together (quiet lovely!).

I still joke and tell him he owes me a trip up there. He got to ski and tour the shops. Me, I got to play nurse to the girls. (SIGH)

First off Cindy, if you're going skiing in Banff you'll be about half way across the country from me. It is beautiful there though and well worth the visit. I used to live in Alberta right next to the border to British Columbia. Second, I was just looking at the prices...my pair are insatiable, sitting again and societies are raising 4 more. 2 Fawns and 2 Normals. Go figure, I guess she was split for fawn. :roll: So I now have 3 adults, 3 juveniles and 4 about to fledge. When do you want yours delivered. :lol: By the way if ever you end up coming to the Laurentians in Quebec let me know, I can arrange ski tickets for any forum members that want to ski at Mont St-Sauveur. :D
Janine

L in Ontario
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by L in Ontario » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:28 pm

lovemyfinch wrote: By the way if ever you end up coming to the Laurentians in Quebec let me know, I can arrange ski tickets for any forum members that want to ski at Mont St-Sauveur. :D
I can attest that skiing at Mont St-Sauveur is absolutely fabulous if anyone gets the chance. And the lights at night are tres magnifique!!
Liz

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:17 pm

jessyh wrote:Current prices (each bird) around Tacoma, Washington USA:

Petsmart-Societies $19.99, Zebras $16.99, Red Cheek Cordons $99.99, Green Singers $79.99, Spice Finches $23.99

The Wildside Pets-Lady Gouldian (Black head, green back, purple breast) $129.99 each, Star Finch $159.99, Zebras $13.99
Wow, Stars for $159.99--is that each? I sold three males at the mart for $50 each last weekend. The last time I sold RCCBs it was $50 each. I couldn't sell any Societies last weekend at $10 each--I was offered $20 for the 5 Societies late in the day, I countered with $25, thinking I was really letting them go cheap, but he wouldn't go for it--so I'd rather bring them home. I think sometimes people go around at the end of the day and buy up all they can cheap, then resell them later.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

cindy
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Post by cindy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:53 pm

Sally,

It is typical at the shows for people to buy late on the last day, I can walk buy tables and hear people haggle over the price an hour or two before closing time.

Most breeders with quanity and not wanting to take all their stock back home are willing to drop the price a little (maybe $5 to $10 a bird) if you agree to buy a certain number of birds. We have done it and can usually get a good deal.

When I was selling birds from my aviary years ago, I would drop the price a little if they were buying 2-3 birds. the birds that were hard to get I would not move on the price, they sold anyway.

~ My Facebook groups ~

L in Ontario
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by L in Ontario » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:47 pm

Can anyone tell me the going rate for a pair of Black-faced Fire Finches? I can't seem to find their pricing on here.
Liz

cindy
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Post by cindy » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:59 pm

Liz..Pm JohnBoy...I think he just got a pair from SWA, not sure. I think the breeder I use is $45.00 per bird, I can check in the morning at the show.

Aspen Leaf Aviary is selling them for $120.00 a bird.

http://www.aspenleafaviaries.com/home/a ... elist.html

Birds Express wants $55.00 a bird

http://www.birdsexpress.net/africa-birds.html
Last edited by cindy on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ My Facebook groups ~

cindy
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Post by cindy » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:05 pm

lovemyfinch wrote:
cindy wrote:Janine, you can come for a vacation to sunny Florida and take home shaftails. My female is in the nest quiet a bit, they have been mating. If they have young I will sell them for around $30 each.

First off Cindy, if you're going skiing in Banff you'll be about half way across the country from me. It is beautiful there though and well worth the visit. I used to live in Alberta right next to the border to British Columbia. Second, I was just looking at the prices...my pair are insatiable, sitting again and societies are raising 4 more. 2 Fawns and 2 Normals. Go figure, I guess she was split for fawn. :roll: So I now have 3 adults, 3 juveniles and 4 about to fledge. When do you want yours delivered. :lol: By the way if ever you end up coming to the Laurentians in Quebec let me know, I can arrange ski tickets for any forum members that want to ski at Mont St-Sauveur. :D

Thanks Janine. If we ever get up that way we will let you know. I would love to see Canada. We have also talked about a cruise to Alaska in a few years.

~ My Facebook groups ~

L in Ontario
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by L in Ontario » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:43 pm

cindy wrote:Liz..Pm JohnBoy...I think he just got a pair from SWA, not sure. I think the breeder I use is $45.00 per bird, I can check in the morning at the show.

Aspen Leaf Aviary is selling them for $120.00 a bird.
http://www.aspenleafaviaries.com/home/a ... elist.html

Birds Express wants $55.00 a bird
http://www.birdsexpress.net/africa-birds.html
That's a huge difference in pricing! More than double what the other one is asking. I wonder why? Is it just location and demand?

Oh, I did PM JohnBoy but haven't heard back yet.
Liz

Domenic
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Domenic » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:09 pm

Liz, I love BF firefinches. I saw them at the last bird mart for $150 a pair. Spoke to Karl Lieberman and he wants $175 a pair. So I'd only spend $150-$200 a pair tops. But I also live on the other side of the border and continent, so prices may differ here. Karl said that there are a few established breeders of BF Fires on the west coast, so I'm not going to have too hard a time finding them. They are very beautiful though, I love that sunset pink.
Zebra, Orange cheeks, Owls, Gouldians, Blue-Capped Cordon Bleus, Goldbreasts, Black Face Fires, & Button Quail

http://www.Ironsidecomputers.com