Owl Finches for Sale/Trade in Connecticut

Here you may offer your finch-related wares for sale or trade, or arrange to make private trades or sales of finches, provided that you comply with all local, state, and federal laws and requirements. CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware): this forum will not provide regulation, guarantee, warranty, or supervision of sellers/traders/buyers or their wares.
neojinnx
Pip
Pip

Owl Finches for Sale/Trade in Connecticut

Post by neojinnx » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:27 pm

I have juvenile owl finches for sale for $50 each. I might be willing to make a trade for another passive species. I live in the northeast corner of Connecticut (90 minutes from Boston, 1 hour from Hartford, 45 minutes from Providence). I will not ship but would be willing to meet you halfway if distance is an issue (within reason).

Let me know if you're interested!

neojinnx
Pip
Pip

Re: Owl Finches for Sale/Trade in Connecticut

Post by neojinnx » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:32 pm

I wanted to take a moment to update my original post. I listed the owl finches at $50 each but that is totally negotiable. I'm not trying to make money from this. I just don't to give them to a hoarder and have them wind up in cramped conditions. They also really love fresh veggies and grated egg and I'd hate for them to lose access to that. There is a local pet store that will buy them but I've seen the size of the finch cages the 'wares' are kept in and it breaks my heart. That's not an option for me.

I have four juveniles ready-to-go and another six screaming devils :lol: that fledged about a week ago and will be ready-to-go once they are fully weaned.

So, please [-o< let me know if you're interested in the little buggers because a very, um, enthusiastic pair of little bichenos are overrunning my house with their children!

On a side-note, one of the juveniles has a black chest (between the bars only). I'm not sure if this will change during his next molt or not. Any thoughts on this? I can try to snap a picture of him later to upload, if that helps.

Thanks everyone and I'm absolutely still interested in a trade! :wink:

-Nikki

KHoward
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by KHoward » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:16 pm

Hi Nikki,

Not sure if you still have a pair? If so, I am interested.

Kristen

neojinnx
Pip
Pip

Post by neojinnx » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:34 pm

KHoward

Hi Kristen,

I might. I've spoken to someone who might take all of them but, if she doesn't, I'll definitely get in touch.

These birds are siblings so they wouldn't be suitable for breeding. Do you have other birds to pair them with or would you be interested in a male/male or female/female pair?

Nikki

KHoward
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by KHoward » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:24 pm

I can pair them up with others if they haven't bonded yet. Let me know.

Thanks!