Java Finch Wanted

Here you may offer your finch-related wares for sale or trade, or arrange to make private trades or sales of finches, provided that you comply with all local, state, and federal laws and requirements. CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware): this forum will not provide regulation, guarantee, warranty, or supervision of sellers/traders/buyers or their wares.
wildbird
Brooding
Brooding

Java Finch Wanted

Post by wildbird » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:39 am

Young male Java finch wanted in Florida for lonely female Java.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Java Finch Wanted

Post by lovezebs » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:37 am

wildbird

It would appear to be a trend.
We have another member on here who has been looking for a male for his female for quite a while.
He's in Illinois if I remember right.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

KHoward
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by KHoward » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:16 pm

Add me to the list: Boston

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:00 pm

KHoward

Where have all the Javas gone,
long time passing?
Where have all the Javas gone,
long time ago?
Where have all the Javas gone?
Lovezebs took them all home....

Sorry couldn't help myself :wink:

It's really sad, that these birds are becoming more and more scarce, because of some silly law (brought about because of irresponsible bird owners in the past).

I wish I could send some your way.
Attachments
IMG_20161128_224537.jpg
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

w.l.
Incubating
Incubating

Post by w.l. » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:23 pm

It seems like after initially thinking it would be hard, everyone who wanted to get Javas could find some close to home?
Although none found it on this forum.

KHoward
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by KHoward » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:49 pm

Well, I have my passport so maybe it's a road trip to Canada, BirdBrain! lol

Nerine
Callow Courter
Callow Courter

Post by Nerine » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:41 pm

KHoward

There are TONS of javas here....now the question is, how to get them across the border? :think:
2 green singers
2 javas
2 zebra finches
2 bourkes
1 lovebird

KHoward
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by KHoward » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:43 pm

Sorry, I meant "Lovezebs".

I've looked in MA, CT, RI and NH and found none. Looks like NY is my next best option, but I am holding out hope.

Nerine - I think if we give them mustaches, sunglasses and a hat, we might have a chance at the border. :lol:

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:41 pm

KHoward

It's actually 'Elana'....lol :-H

You're better off heading up to Nerinein Ontario (distance 894 miles)
The distance to Alberta, is a tad more than to Ontario (distance 2,1781 miles).

When you grab them, you should give them that forward swept blondy hair style, that may work :twisted:
~Elana~

KHoward
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by KHoward » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:46 pm

Oh, I can't even TALK about the election, there isn't enough medication in my cabinet. I'd better hurry before he tries to build a bird wall to keep those "undocumented Canada geese" out of the US.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:09 pm

KHoward

=)) =)) =))

Watch it my friend, as our Tovarishch from Mother Russia, might be hacking into our e-mails, lol.

I'm thinking that this might be a good time to take up some language lessons. What will be more beneficial d'you think, Russian or Chinese ???
~Elana~

Shannylee
Jute Junkie
Jute Junkie

Post by Shannylee » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:37 pm

wildbird, my hen is sitting tight on eggs right now. The last clutch only resulted in one chick (which has already been promised to another loving home). I'm just north of Orlando. I'll keep you posted. My pair are split to pied normals. She has very little white ticking and white edged wings and he only has a few black feathers in the middle of his right wing. If you want one now, you might want to contact Cindy She is north of Tampa and breeds Javas.
~Sharon

Orange Cheeked Waxbills, Gold-breasted Waxbills, Societies, Gouldians, Bronze Winged Mannikins, Spices, Canaries, Javas, Pin Tailed Whydahs, too many Koi to count, a husband, and a rescue puppy!

wildbird
Brooding
Brooding

Post by wildbird » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:16 pm

Thanks Shannylee for the reply. I had bought a young Java at the Plant City bird show in late November. By the time I got home, I knew it was a female, only chirped. She is a dark eyed white with silver on her back and he said she was 2 months old. A nice small bird and tamed easily even though from an aviary. I wanted to put her in with my lonesome female, Cinnamon. The new bird is quite pushy when in with her and kind of takes over. She seems to annoy Cinnamon, always wanting whatever food cup or perch she is at. I don't know if this is going to work for her. I previously had a male caged next to her and she misses him. But when I would put him in with her, he would chase her and she would try to get out. He was a lot bigger than her. Maybe I should try a small male. She might be happier with a male next to her as before. She is in a 30 x 18 x 18 cage. Sometimes I think Javas do best in aviaries. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Cinnamon is about 3 1/2 years old.

w.l.
Incubating
Incubating

Post by w.l. » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:42 am

wildbird wrote: Sometimes I think Javas do best in aviaries.
So do all birds, really.
And space really helps in difusing tensions - birds can avoid or seek out each other's company as they prefer.

Chihuahua
Nestling
Nestling

Post by Chihuahua » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:08 pm

I'm interested in javas too, they used to be easy to find here but not any more :( I'm in Oregon
Toby

2 pied societies (one crested)
2 adult beetles
4 beetle larvae
1 papillon
1 chihuahua mix

My mom also has two budgies and a dachshund puppy