Moving and looking for zebra finch homes

Here you may offer your finch-related wares for sale or trade, or arrange to make private trades or sales of finches, provided that you comply with all local, state, and federal laws and requirements. CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware): this forum will not provide regulation, guarantee, warranty, or supervision of sellers/traders/buyers or their wares.
Anhinga
Pip
Pip

Moving and looking for zebra finch homes

Post by Anhinga » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:29 pm

Hello! I've kept a small colony of zebra finches of various varieties in my home for several years while working on my PhD. Sometime next year, I'll have to move to an as-yet unknown location in or out of the country for the next step in my career, and I can't guarantee that I'll be able to take many or any finches with me. As such, I wanted to inquire if any may be interested in introducing some of my birdies to your flock. Many are offspring of my original birds, and as such, they're best outbred vs. bred with each other.

I have:
2 CFW females (one is completely unrelated to all other birds)
1 black-cheeked male
1 normal gray male
1 lightback, yellow-billed female
2 fawn females
1 penguin female
1 lightback, black-cheeked female, split either to BB or pied (white outer primaries--but none of my other birds OR her parents are pied)
1 lightback, black-cheeked female

All these birds have been good friends of mine and it's hard to part with them, but they'll be very happy in a new home. I can provide pictures upon request. I'm happy to sell birds in groups or one big group. I am located in Alabama, but can ship, though both birds and I would be much happier with in-person exchanges if possible.

Thank you!
-Rebecca

P.S. I also have a "special needs" white dominant female canary--named Stubby--who is looking for a loving home :)