ISO: Boston Yellowback Gouldian Female

Here you may offer your finch-related wares for sale or trade, or arrange to make private trades or sales of finches, provided that you comply with all local, state, and federal laws and requirements. CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware): this forum will not provide regulation, guarantee, warranty, or supervision of sellers/traders/buyers or their wares.
KHoward
Hatchling
Hatchling

ISO: Boston Yellowback Gouldian Female

Post by KHoward » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:34 pm

Hi,

I have a male yellowback and am looking for a female for him. I bought two females at two different times from finchfarm.com and they both died (one within 3 days, one within an hour).

Looking for something that I can pick up locally.

Please let me know, I've got a lonely guy who is singing his heart out to a disinterested Society.

Thanks!

GouldianGuy
Wonder Wooer
Wonder Wooer

Re: ISO: Boston Yellowback Gouldian Female

Post by GouldianGuy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:51 pm

wow that's horrible that they died so quickly!!!

KHoward
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by KHoward » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:23 pm

Yes, it was heartbreaking. But it gets worse, see below:

**CAUTION, RANT ALERT**
Their birds arrived puffy (which I assumed they were just cold) and after adding thefinchfarm.com birds into my aviary, everyone puffed up, theirs died, four of mine died, and I was able to save the two of mine remaining, with antibiotics and SCAAT.

They told me it was "purely coincidence" and that "clearly the problem" was not their birds but either night fright, or the cleanliness of my aviary....um, nice try but no.

I have never experienced such HORRIBLE customer service. I wanted a refund which they declined, and had to fight for weeks to at least get a replacement, and the replacement died within an hour of arriving. So, it's not my aviary.

I am asking for a refund but I know they won't do it, and I don't want another bird from them - EVER.
Last edited by Sally on Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Per poster's request.

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:02 am

KHoward So sorry you had to go through this. It is bad enough to lose birds you have just purchased, but to lose more of your own as well makes it even harder to take. Unfortunately, this illustrates the importance of quarantine of new birds.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

KHoward
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by KHoward » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:32 pm

Still looking for someone in the Boston/New England area who has Yellowback Lady Gouldians.

Please let me know.

Madcat
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by Madcat » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:40 pm

KHoward I'm sorry about your birds. I was considering a purchase from them but now I'm exiting stage left. Again so sorry.
30+ Gouldians
1 Red Cheeked Cordon Bleu
1 White Society
1 Fawn Owl

Sheather
Proven
Proven

Post by Sheather » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:19 am

The Gouldians I got from them in the past also died. Then the replacement died. Then I got a refund. Never again.
~Dylan

~~~

WesKnapp
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by WesKnapp » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:49 pm

i also ordered two yellows, one was kinda puffy, and within a week i had to take it to the vet, they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it and it died shortly after. Horrible. Never again.