How to sell

Here you may offer your finch-related wares for sale or trade, or arrange to make private trades or sales of finches, provided that you comply with all local, state, and federal laws and requirements. CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware): this forum will not provide regulation, guarantee, warranty, or supervision of sellers/traders/buyers or their wares.
OAvila1986
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

How to sell

Post by OAvila1986 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:14 am

Does anyone know of a website that you can advertise your finches or any animal to sell?
I've tried offer up but it's against policy rules. Same with Craigslist. I don't want to put them in a box and have them shipped far away. Just for local.
| Orlando |

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: How to sell

Post by lovezebs » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:46 pm

OAvila1986

Any Pet Shops in your area?
You could speak with the managers, and see if they are willing to take on some of your birds.

You could also advertise in local newspapers, under pets for sale.
Or make up little posters and ask the Vets in your area, if it's ok to hang them up in their clinics.

One word of caution, DO NOT offer them up for free, as snake owners just love to get their hands on birds as snake food.

P.S. It's always a good idea to find homes for your future babies , before you allow your birds to breed.

Good luck
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

OAvila1986
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Post by OAvila1986 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:01 pm

lovezebs yeah I always take them to shops near my area but only get a few bucks for them haven't had any luck online recently. Plus my post gets taken off .
| Orlando |

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:34 pm

OAvila1986

Are there any Bird Clubs in your area, that put on Bird Shows, or Bird Marts?
Should ask Sally.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

paul-inAZ
3 Eggs Laid
3 Eggs Laid

Post by paul-inAZ » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:56 pm

Maybe there is something different in LA but here if you go to craigslist/community/pets there are lots of listings. I use it regularly.

Hoobly.com is another pet site but I've never posted there.

Sojourner
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by Sojourner » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:50 pm

OAvila1986 wrote: Does anyone know of a website that you can advertise your finches or any animal to sell?
I've tried offer up but it's against policy rules. Same with Craigslist. I don't want to put them in a box and have them shipped far away. Just for local.
I would go ahead and list them on craigslist. I see birds on there ALL the time. The worst that would happen is they take the ad down, and they'll only do that if someone complains about it.

Heck when I was seeking housing I kept coming across pictures guys had taken of their "special friends" in, let us say, "straightened" circumstance, to illustrate their ads seeking young female "roomates".

I hardly think you'll have problems listing a few birds for sale.
Molly Brown 11/22/15
Pyewacket 6/15/17
Trudy 2/24/18

Turn towards home, and go there. Many overs, over woods and fields, streams and hills, many overs. Just turn towards home. How else would one go there? Perhaps it was a dream, and you have awakened from it. May the earth rise up beneath you, with home in your heart, and your person waiting.

OAvila1986
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Post by OAvila1986 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:30 pm

Sojourner yes I have and lately I've had no luck on Craigslist the ad expires or it gets taken off or no one is interested. I had more people asking on offer up. And to local pet stores I feel bad to leave them there they live in poor conditions. (Sometimes)
| Orlando |

OAvila1986
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Post by OAvila1986 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:30 pm

paul-inAZ thanks I'll check that out.
| Orlando |

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:10 pm

In my area, birds are listed on craigslist all the time. Their pet policy is that you can't advertise pets for sale, but you can rehome them for a reasonable fee. I see dogs being offered for rehoming fees in the hundreds, so I don't think anyone checks in this area.

The next bird mart in Pomona is March 19. You could always look into getting a table there.

http://www.everybodysbirdmart.com/
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org