Looking for a companion for my Lavender

Here you may offer your finch-related wares for sale or trade, or arrange to make private trades or sales of finches, provided that you comply with all local, state, and federal laws and requirements. CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware): this forum will not provide regulation, guarantee, warranty, or supervision of sellers/traders/buyers or their wares.
France81
Pip
Pip

Looking for a companion for my Lavender

Post by France81 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:18 am

I'm in CT willing to drive up to 100 miles away. My Lavender just lost his companion and now I am searching for one for him. Please help!
Ana.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Looking for a companion for my Lavender

Post by lovezebs » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:57 pm

France81

Hi,

Did you ever find a companion for your little Lavander?
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

a_gouldian
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Post by a_gouldian » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:04 am

I was up at Bird Supply of New Hampshire in Nashua yesterday and they have two Lavenders. Don't know if they would sell just one. I know in the past they always get male/female pairs in.
Gouldians, Red-faced Stars, Owl Finches, Blue-capped Cordon Bleus

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:08 pm

a_gouldian. I go in there all the time I'm sure they would sell you one.Give them a call they would hold it for you too till you get there so your drive wouldn't be for nothing.Tell them your coming in from quite a distance.There great in there.Best of luck
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked
Family of six ,Family of seven+three Society

France81
Pip
Pip

Post by France81 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:53 pm

Hello Everyone,
Sorry that I took so long to respond, I did find a companion for my lavender. They didn't like each other at first, it was more like my lavender didn't enjoyed a new roommate. As time goes by they get more comfortable with each other, they are even sleeping together inside the nest, something that my lavender has never done before. They do have some arguments at times, but most of the time they are doing fine. Is not as he was with his former friend, but I do have hope that it will get there someday.
Ana.

Pain_kill3rs
Pip
Pip

Post by Pain_kill3rs » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:16 pm

I have a lavender that needs a mate... Im in Michigan though