Blue-capped Cordon Bleus

Here you may offer your finch-related wares for sale or trade, or arrange to make private trades or sales of finches, provided that you comply with all local, state, and federal laws and requirements. CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware): this forum will not provide regulation, guarantee, warranty, or supervision of sellers/traders/buyers or their wares.
a_gouldian
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Blue-capped Cordon Bleus

Post by a_gouldian » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:05 am

We have two captive bred Blue-capped Cordon Bleus. One male and one female (siblings) - 5 months old. Preference to local pickup at this time in Haverhill, Ma. $75.00 each

Will have more birds available from the second clutch in Aug/Sep.
Attachments
Male
Male
another pic of the male
another pic of the male
Female
Female
Gouldians, Red-faced Stars, Owl Finches, Blue-capped Cordon Bleus

GouldianGuy
Wonder Wooer
Wonder Wooer

Re: Blue-capped Cordon Bleus

Post by GouldianGuy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:40 am

Beautiful birds

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:32 pm

Oh, if I lived near you, I would snap those birds up in a heartbeat! It seems that exports of the Blue-capped Cordon Bleu have stopped, so all we have available to us is what is in the U.S. already. Those babies are lovely!
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

Haider
Mature
Mature

Post by Haider » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:07 pm

Sally
Yes no more BCCB import. They are now hard to find. I have one pair and two males that I can not find them hens. I would love to have this hens If i was close.

a_gouldian
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Post by a_gouldian » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:02 pm

Sally wrote: Oh, if I lived near you, I would snap those birds up in a heartbeat! It seems that exports of the Blue-capped Cordon Bleu have stopped, so all we have available to us is what is in the U.S. already. Those babies are lovely!
Thanks Sally. We like them a lot but can not keep that many. We have 9 juveniles total and most likely will just keep one male out of the first clutch of three birds. I hope we will be able to sell them in New England. There will be three more females and three more males old enough to sell in Aug/Sept.

Animal Quackers
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by Animal Quackers » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:31 pm

Oh! They are so beautiful! Will you have any unrelated pairs in the coming months?
:o) Michelle

isobea
Incubating
Incubating

Post by isobea » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:47 am

a_gouldian - Oh, they have matured very nicely! Beautiful birds! I remember the baby pictures you used to post. And yes, I'm still looking for a female for my lonely male. There are actually two more people here in San Diego county who also are looking for females.
Not sure if you might consider shipping in the fall but we can catch up with each other then.
I hope you will find wonderful homes for these two youngsters and the new owners will appreciate the rare gems they are getting.
Iso

a_gouldian
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Post by a_gouldian » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:23 am

Animal Quackers wrote: Oh! They are so beautiful! Will you have any unrelated pairs in the coming months?
Unfortunately, we will not have unrelated pairs. We only have one adult unrelated pair.

a_gouldian
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Post by a_gouldian » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:30 am

isobea wrote: a_gouldian - Oh, they have matured very nicely! Beautiful birds! I remember the baby pictures you used to post. And yes, I'm still looking for a female for my lonely male. There are actually two more people here in San Diego county who also are looking for females.
Not sure if you might consider shipping in the fall but we can catch up with each other then.
I hope you will find wonderful homes for these two youngsters and the new owners will appreciate the rare gems they are getting.
Iso
That might work. To California we would only consider air shipping and if you split the cost three ways it would be more reasonable. Also, it is easier for us and probably better for the birds to ship multiple birds together. The second clutch had three females (and two males) in it and that is the clutch that we won't be trying to sell until Aug/Sept.

Trisha
Nestling
Nestling

Post by Trisha » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:41 pm

They are so pretty!
Trisha
Red Cheek cordon bleus, Orange Cheek waxbills, 1 Maltese, 1 Toy Poodle, 1 Pomeranian, 1 aquarium, and Purple Martins (when they are here)

a_gouldian
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Post by a_gouldian » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:53 pm

a_gouldian wrote:
isobea wrote: a_gouldian - Oh, they have matured very nicely! Beautiful birds! I remember the baby pictures you used to post. And yes, I'm still looking for a female for my lonely male. There are actually two more people here in San Diego county who also are looking for females.
Iso
That might work. To California we would only consider air shipping and if you split the cost three ways it would be more reasonable. Also, it is easier for us and probably better for the birds to ship multiple birds together. The second clutch had three females (and two males) in it and that is the clutch that we won't be trying to sell until Aug/Sept.
We might consider USPS in the Fall when the temps. are cooler.

a_gouldian
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Re: Blue-capped Cordon Bleus - Sold

Post by a_gouldian » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:51 pm

These 2 birds have been sold plus an additional 4 birds. We have 3 birds left, 2 males and 1 female. Pics have not been posted of the 3 remaining birds but I will put up a post in August if they are still available. The three remaining birds have a hatch date of 3/17.

FinchsRUS
Mature
Mature

Post by FinchsRUS » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:21 pm

I need a male to go with a lonely female I have. But I'm in Texas. Please keep me in mind if you can ship once it gets cooler. I can send a box and waterers.

Thanks

a_gouldian
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Post by a_gouldian » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:47 pm

FinchsRUS wrote: I need a male to go with a lonely female I have. But I'm in Texas. Please keep me in mind if you can ship once it gets cooler. I can send a box and waterers.

Thanks
We do have 2 nice males left so if we still have them in Sept. maybe we can ship you one. I do worry a bit about shipping one bird all alone in a dark box though. Not so sure I like that idea.

FinchsRUS
Mature
Mature

Post by FinchsRUS » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:46 am

I don't either. Do you have any spare/available S ociety finches? Or maybe you can find some there to make the ride down. I'd like to set up a fostering cage. I have eggs from my one pair (BCCB) but still TBD if they hatch.