Young shaft tails hatched March 2017

Here you may offer your finch-related wares for sale or trade, or arrange to make private trades or sales of finches, provided that you comply with all local, state, and federal laws and requirements. CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware): this forum will not provide regulation, guarantee, warranty, or supervision of sellers/traders/buyers or their wares.
terriergal
Hatchling
Hatchling

Young shaft tails hatched March 2017

Post by terriergal » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:07 pm

I have four young shaft tails all siblings, all molted out into adult plumage and ready to go. Asking $55. They are unsexed. There are five in the pic but I will be keeping the orange banded guy, because he's a male I am pretty sure and I just want to add him to my color/song cage and stop breeding.

I will be selling the parents eventually but they are raising three more chicks at the moment. I just don't have time in my life for babies at this time, too many home improvement projects to tackle and family issues that keep cropping up. Let me know if you are interested in the parents. It will be several weeks yet (probably beginning of August before babies are fully weaned but they won't be ready to go themselves till they molt out). But around here in the midwest there seems to be a lack of shaft tail finches so someone should breed them!

They are hardy, delightful little goofy nosey birds, but can be pushy to passive finches and other shaft tails, especially the males when they want to breed or are protecting their nest from other nosy birds. (They are also nosy about other birds' nests though!) They should be in a large cage or aviary because they are superb fliers and need to be kept exercised or they will get fat.

They know how to use water bottles and eat pelleted food and mash. They love mealies and dried bloodworms and even eat mini / hatchling turtle pellets!

Recently wormed and treated for parasites with moxidectin plus and ronidazole, they are super healthy and active little sweeties.

I can arrange to meet around South Central mn, Hutchinson, Mankato, Willmar, St Cloud, Monticello, Twin Cities area. I am also planning a trip to upper MI soon and can meet somewhere along the way for people in that direction.
Attachments
IMG_6096-5.jpg
IMG_6096-3.jpg
IMG_6096-2.jpg
IMG_6096-1.jpg
IMG_6096.JPG
IMG_6096.JPG (227.8 KiB) Viewed 697 times

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Young shaft tails hatched March 2017

Post by lovezebs » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:34 pm

terriergal

Wow, congratulations, they are gorgeous.

Too bad you are so far away, as I could sure use two girls for my two boys (who are housed seperately btw because they hate each other).

Good luck with finding good homes for your lovely feathered kids.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

terriergal
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Young shaft tails hatched March 2017

Post by terriergal » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:46 pm

Parents may have already been spoken for (as I said they're stuck here though till they wean their current youngsters).