Young Gouldians.

Here you may offer your finch-related wares for sale or trade, or arrange to make private trades or sales of finches, provided that you comply with all local, state, and federal laws and requirements. CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware): this forum will not provide regulation, guarantee, warranty, or supervision of sellers/traders/buyers or their wares.
608duj
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Young Gouldians.

Post by 608duj » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:03 pm

Weaned, uncolored Gouldians to experienced birders. 50. each, visual parentage provided 10/17 hatch.
Brooklyn WI. no shipping.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Young Gouldians.

Post by lovezebs » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:40 am

608duj

If I were you, I would hang on to your youngsters until after their first molt is completed.

Unmolted Gouldian young are somewhat delicate, and tend to experience problems when moved around before they are old enough.

Good luck.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

608duj
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by 608duj » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:08 pm

There is a window of time between weaning and the start of the juvenile molt that allows young Gouldians to be moved without harm. I have been raising 50+ Gouldians a year for 20+ years, and take great care in placing my birds. Note my ad says for experienced birders.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:04 pm

608duj

Yes, I noticed your comment regarding experienced birders.

With all due respect, I had no idea that you have been breeding Gouldians for such a extended period of time.

The reason I mentioned what I did, is because too many folks sell and buy juvie Gouldians, only to lose them during their first moult due to the stress of rehoming very young birds who become stuck in moult or outright die.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~