Sold: Javas, gouldians, and societies in Jacksonville FL

Here you may offer your finch-related wares for sale or trade, or arrange to make private trades or sales of finches, provided that you comply with all local, state, and federal laws and requirements. CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware): this forum will not provide regulation, guarantee, warranty, or supervision of sellers/traders/buyers or their wares.
Icearstorm
Weaning
Weaning

Sold: Javas, gouldians, and societies in Jacksonville FL

Post by Icearstorm » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:43 pm

I'm moving shortly, and don't think I can bring all of the birds with me (stress of moving, plus I doubt my landlord would be too happy with me bringing a dozen birds). As a result, I plan on keeping just five of my society finches.

I am offering 3 Java finches, 2 gouldian finches, and 2 society finches. Pairs must be bought together. Feel free to ask about their care, health, history, etc; I've got several threads about my birds that I could link you to.
All of my birds coexist peacefully in a 4' x 1.5' x 4.5' tall flight cage when not breeding. I generally separate for breeding, though my society finches were successful breeding in the flight.

Java finches: $30 each, or $75 for all three.

Birb and Birdo are a proven pair, and tolerate nest checks very well (including temporarily removing the nest to vacuum or taking photos and weighing the baby). They had one clutch this year, and are still in breeding mode; give them a month or two to adjust, and they should be ready to breed again. Birb is the white female, and Birdo is the single-factor pied male.

Birb
image.jpeg
Birdo
image.jpeg
Birb's and Birdo's baby hatched on January 11, 2018. It appears to be a normal single-factor pied. I am unsure of its sex, but it has not sung.

Baby (Just fledged in this photo, has since grown in the rest of its feathers)
image.jpeg
Gouldian finches: $100 for the pair

Psych and Rainbow were good parents to the baby they fledged, and tolerated nest checks (including taking photos). Psych is the black-headed female, and Rainbow is the red-headed male. Important: do NOT breed Psych; she doesn't seem to have the best genes. She is a good mother, though, and fed her disabled baby over a month longer than it should have taken to wean. She would probably make a good foster parent to other gouldians, and perhaps other similarly-sized finches.

Rainbow (color is a little off in the photo)
image.jpeg
Psych
image.jpeg
Society information on the post below.

Edits: grammar and extra stuff I remembered
Last edited by Sally on Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Reason: Changed title to show that birds have been sold.

Icearstorm
Weaning
Weaning

Re: For Sale: Javas, gouldians, and societies in Jacksonvill

Post by Icearstorm » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:54 pm

Chocolate self society finches: $25 for pair

Laser is the male American chocolate self. Prisma is the female European black brown X American chocolate self (guess; not exactly sure). They both tolerate nest checks (including temporarily removing the nest to take photos), and did well with communal breeding. Laser is a proven parent, raising 10 of his own offspring, and helping feed three of another pair's. Prisma seems to be older and infertile, but is quite broody and helped take care of Laser's 10 offspring. Prisma is quite a bit larger than my other societies, at around 19 grams; most of my society finches are around 14 grams.

Laser
image.jpeg
Prisma
image.jpeg

FinchLover&Breeder
1 Egg Laid
1 Egg Laid

Post by FinchLover&Breeder » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:21 pm

Icearstorm
Still have the societies? If so what do they come with? Please pm me asap.

Nick
Pets:
6 zebras and counting
1 society and counting
2 hermit crabs
1 dog (Getting another soon.(will post pics))
1 outdoor cat
2 male cockatiels
(and counting)
Channel #1
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC1Otj-I0yiRjboOUxEgyreA
Channel #2
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCQmXcLlN_Oo7hkGE4zUgS9A

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Post by haroun » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:01 am

Icearstorm PRISMA IS VERY NICE SOCIETY GIRL, even she is infertille i will not hesitate to take here =D>

Icearstorm
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Icearstorm » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:13 am

haroun

Thank you! I'd probably be keeping her if I didn't care about separating the pair. It's just that I'd like Tacocat, rather than Laser, to be the father of my new society finches; since Laser and Prisma are bonded, I don't want to separate them.

Icearstorm
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Icearstorm » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:52 pm

These birds have been sold.