Need to re-home zebra finch

Here you may offer your finch-related wares for sale or trade, or arrange to make private trades or sales of finches, provided that you comply with all local, state, and federal laws and requirements. CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware): this forum will not provide regulation, guarantee, warranty, or supervision of sellers/traders/buyers or their wares.
Katia
Pip
Pip

Need to re-home zebra finch

Post by Katia » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:30 pm

My mother recently died, and I'm unable to care for her zebra finch. We have been wanting to find a new home for him for a while; his companion died some months ago and he has been lonely since (and her declining health meant she was less able to care for him).

He is a standard-colored male. I'm not sure of his age; I believe she has had him around a year? He is a bird-store finch, no pedigree or anything. I don't want to return him to the store because I'm worried about illness or fights and don't want to subject him to that. I don't want to use Craigslist because I don't want him to go to just anyone who may know nothing about birds and have no interest in learning. I have tried to email the local canary/finch breeders' society twice, with no luck on a reply either time.

He is a healthy, happy little guy... but he's undoubtedly lonely and would love to have other finches to live with.

If you are near southeast Michigan (metro Detroit area) and can give him a home, please PM me as soon as possible. I need to find him a new place quickly.

He can come with his large cage (about 48" high, on a stand) if you would like. I do not want to ship him.

Thank you!

goldfinchowl
Callow Courter
Callow Courter

Re: Need to re-home zebra finch

Post by goldfinchowl » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:38 am

I have personally found the hard way that it is best to ask at least for a small fee and not to give any free supplies when rehome pets. People just take advantage for the free supplies and the pets just don't get the care they claimed they would give nor the benefit of the supplies given.