Looking for good home for societies (Seattle area)

Here you may offer your finch-related wares for sale or trade, or arrange to make private trades or sales of finches, provided that you comply with all local, state, and federal laws and requirements. CAVEAT EMPTOR (buyer beware): this forum will not provide regulation, guarantee, warranty, or supervision of sellers/traders/buyers or their wares.
avianna
Pip
Pip

Looking for good home for societies (Seattle area)

Post by avianna » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:06 pm

Hi everyone,

This is a terribly difficult decision for me, but I'm looking to re-home my society finches with an experienced finch lover in the Seattle area. Recent health issues have made it a challenge for me to keep up with their maintenance, so I'm looking for someone who will love them just as much as I have over the years and will be able to provide them with the care they need.

I currently have 13 finches in a large indoor aviary. Most are chocolate pieds, but there are also several fawns as well. At this point, I believe most are hens, but I suspect there's at least one male. I'm unsure of everyone's ages as I've had the flock for over 10 years now: my original three turned into many more over the years. :) All of the birds are healthy, but a few have missing feathers around their necks (due to sibling squabbles, I believe).

I'm looking for someone who can pick up the birds in Seattle, as delivery would be a challenge for me and I will not ship them. They'll come with their large indoor aviary, their full spectrum bulb, and cage accessories. Pictures can be provided for anyone interested.

Thanks!

Stickgal
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Looking for good home for societies (Seattle area)

Post by Stickgal » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:08 pm

I'm so sorry you have to part with your babies!
I'm very happy being me, although sometimes I'd love to be a bird so that I could fly. Joy Fielding

goldfinchowl
Callow Courter
Callow Courter

Re: Looking for good home for societies (Seattle area)

Post by goldfinchowl » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:52 pm

Were you able to find a new home for your birds?