National Cage Bird Show - Dayton OH - Nov 20-22

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

National Cage Bird Show - Dayton OH - Nov 20-22

Post by Sally » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:17 pm

I can't believe I forgot to add the National Cage Bird Show annual event to the calendar! For those who are anywhere near Dayton, OH, this is a must! Thursday afternoon starts the events with the NFSS Afternoon of Aviculture. There will be three guest lecturers starting at 1pm, but you should really be there at 12 noon, for the social hour. This will be your chance to meet many if not most of the NFSS board members, plus many of the top breeders.

Friday starts the judged shows. Vince Moase will be the judge for the Finch & Softbill division. I wish I could be there to see him judge this year, he is quite a character. He usually brings really good birds to sell at this event as well. Friday night is Hospitality night, with drinks, food, and entertainment.

Saturday will be the club meetings during the morning and early afternoon, and then the big banquet that night, with all the awards being given for the top winners.

All during the event, there will be many vendors selling cages, birds, supplies--a great opportunity to get some of those hard-to-find supplies. There is also a bird sale room, with all kinds of birds for sale.

I have attended the last three NCBS events, and I am just sorry that I am not able to attend this one, it is the highlight of the show season. Next year (actually for the next three years) it will be held in Chicago. I am going to make that one if I have to walk there!! :lol:
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org