Do you have an aviary?

For questions about finch enclosures (cages & aviaries).
trevorama
Mature
Mature

Post by trevorama » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:52 pm

Gunnar
Nestling
Nestling

Post by Gunnar » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:22 pm

Cool, I have some nice looking societies but I can't say I have ever really known alot about all the varieties so I'm not completly sure what they are. Some of them look like a lighter version on the chestnut. I'm not sure if its a pearl on an ino mixed in. I'll have to finish reading the book. Maybe I'll take a picture when I get home tomorrow.

ryanf
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by ryanf » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:47 pm

emily whered you get such a big cage?

barlbylofts
Pip
Pip

Post by barlbylofts » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:32 am

i have a aviary if you want to put it in

BillD
4 Eggs Laid
4 Eggs Laid

What you would like in an Aviary

Post by BillD » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:35 pm

I'm still designing my aviary and would like suggestions from those of you that have already built one. I'm looking for what you would have done differently..

My indoor aviary dimensions will be 10 feet long, 8 feet high and 3 feet wide. Will be a walk in, so add 2 feet for the walk in.. Plexiglass in the front with vinyl coated grills on top

If you built yours again, what would you change? Would really appreciate your suggestions.
2 polydactyl Snowflake felines and a new Panther non-poly feline.. Working on building the bloodline of the local Fawn Owls.

steph
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Post by steph » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:05 pm

Thought I'd post since we're working on our first aviary! Here's where we are now...I will post as things progress :)

perrysbirds

Post by perrysbirds » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:14 pm

This is my Aviary.It still needs some touch ups!

L in Ontario
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by L in Ontario » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:43 pm

Very nice Perry! Can you share any pics of the inside? Is this a year-round aviary?
Liz

perrysbirds

Post by perrysbirds » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:26 pm

L in Ontario wrote:Very nice Perry! Can you share any pics of the inside? Is this a year-round aviary?
This is indeed my year round avairy.This is a picture of part of my birdroom when I lived in Georgetown.It is the same right now in my birdroom only I dont have any updated pictures and I dont have as many canaries anymore.These are American singer Canaries,not a colorfeed bird.Sorry but the pivture isnt coming out that great.

L in Ontario
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by L in Ontario » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:34 pm

Thanks for the pic, Perry! What all kinds of birds do you have now?
Liz

perrysbirds

Post by perrysbirds » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:18 pm

I have a couple of types of Canaries(American singer & Mosiac).I have 5 budgies,society finches and now my pair of Goulds with thier 4 chicks.Also a couple of mosiac chicks hatching today. :D
I have approx 30 birds total right now but a couple of pairs of canaries on eggs. :D

L in Ontario
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by L in Ontario » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:23 pm

That sounds nice, Perry. I don't know anythng about Canaries but I've seen some that have nice colouring.

What birds would be on your wishlist - I didn't see if you have responded to the thread of that name.
Liz

mickp
Weaning
Weaning

Post by mickp » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:49 am

very nice set up you have there Perry
Addicted to Finches, yes I do admit it.
I pray they never find a cure.

AussieFinchForum

HoangQuan
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

My aviary

Post by HoangQuan » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:52 am

I have an Aviary in my little balcony, I decided to build this one to replace all the cages that I used to keep my finches. I lost the design's sketch but anyway, it was quite simple, dimentions are 800x1000x2200(mm). I have three doors, the biggest below used for changing the ground and plants, the little in the middle used for feeding, and the last highest one is for hanging toys, nests made from coconut :P; and for catching birds at night( if necessary). Inside, I have a not so big bamboo, some ferns, and covering the ground with sand, that's help me alot in case I need to clean up aviary: just replace the old dirty sand by the clean one:)
At the time this aviary was built( about a year ago), I had some social finches, 2 pairs of Zebra finches, and a pair of strawberry finches. But throught the rain season, some were death and some were moved out for other purpose, so by now, all I have are a pair of zebra finches, 3 social finches, 2 strawberry finches. and four juvenile Gouldians.

HoangQuan
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Post by HoangQuan » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:53 am

Here're some photos...
A year ago:

Beautiful strawberry finches, this is my native finches :)

the plants were growing very well, about few months later:

And by now..the bamboo get really bushy, but I prefer it that way, cuz there will be more place for my finches to sleep at night..

Some random birds at early morning...

And this is a clip about my Gouldians...I dont want to take pictures of them untill they finish molting :)
click here

And that's all, If you guy interested in my aviary, I'll update more soon. I think with just a not so big( small actually) balcony, this aviary is enough for me right now. It's a pleasure when you wake up at the morning and hear your birds singing, and you realize, it's a beautiful piece of nature you've got here in your house, and you can smile happily :)