Safe and Unsafe Plants

For questions about finch enclosures (cages & aviaries).
romien
Pip
Pip

Re: Safe and Unsafe Plants

Post by romien » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:44 pm

http://nfss.org/education/articles/safe-aviary-plants/

All the other links were not working so I thought I would add one. Hope that's ok..
2 Owls, 2 Cordon Blue's, 2 Greenbacked Twin Spots, 3 dogs, 3 cats,2 horses and 1 mini donkey, Silkie chickens and a pond full of fish!

Shannylee
Jute Junkie
Jute Junkie

Post by Shannylee » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:15 pm

Safe for the birds or safe for the plants??!! :)) (just kidding, of course) I put a Christmas cactus in with my canaries today and within a few hours, they chewed it to bits. Thanks for the lists!! They will surely come in handy as I have to replace with some more hardy, canary-proof plants.
~Sharon

Orange Cheeked Waxbills, Gold-breasted Waxbills, Societies, Gouldians, Bronze Winged Mannikins, Spices, Canaries, Javas, Pin Tailed Whydahs, too many Koi to count, a husband, and a rescue puppy!

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Stuart whiting » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:36 pm

romien wrote: http://nfss.org/education/articles/safe-aviary-plants/

All the other links were not working so I thought I would add one. Hope that's ok..
Nice find mate,

I've had this site on me home screen for a few years now as there's a few very good articles on there about Ian Hinze on waxbill breeding and also breeding in uk birdroom and Ian was renowned as one of the greatest waxbill breeders who I knew :-BD

Shannylee
Jute Junkie
Jute Junkie

Post by Shannylee » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:18 pm

Nipper06 Beautiful! That sunroom is bird heaven!
~Sharon

Orange Cheeked Waxbills, Gold-breasted Waxbills, Societies, Gouldians, Bronze Winged Mannikins, Spices, Canaries, Javas, Pin Tailed Whydahs, too many Koi to count, a husband, and a rescue puppy!

Nipper06
Novice Nester
Novice Nester

Post by Nipper06 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:04 pm

Thanks Sharon! My sunroom was built with the inheritance $$ I received from my parent's estate (and then some)... but well worth it. Right now, most of my tropical plants are outside for the summer. Some birds, like my parakeets, seem to like the open feel better.
Ron

My Pets: 2 Java Sparrows, 1 Canary, 4 Gouldian Finches, 1 Green Singer, 2 Ringneck Doves, 1 Budgie, 2 Rosy Bourke Parakeets, and 1 Mixed-breed Terrier