Different Cage Combos

For questions about finch enclosures (cages & aviaries).
tursiopschic
Mature
Mature

Different Cage Combos

Post by tursiopschic » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:40 am

Ok, I think i'm going to get a pair of cb's :) I'm debating cage set-ups now though. I have two nuns, a canary and then the pair of CB's. Should i build one larger aviary? (I'm afraid the canary would stop singing...and if the cb's get busy they would torment him)

Should I do three stacked flight cages? Some other combination?

What are your opinions? I think the cb's would breed, the nuns are two boys and the canary is a boy.

THanks!!

~olivia

tammieb
Brooding
Brooding

Post by tammieb » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:14 pm

I have a pair of cb's and a canary, (among others), in my mixed flight. It's a non-breeding setup so I can't say if the cb's would attempt a clutch in this arrangement or not. Everything I have read indicates that it's usually best to set the pair up in a breeding cage unless you have a very large avairy.

My canary is a hen, but does sing. Since placing her in the flight cage though she has stopped singing. I think there is some truth in that canaries only sing when housed alone. She is happy & active, just not singing as before.
TammieB.

Use the talents you possess - for the woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except for the best. ~Henry Van Dyke~