cageworld.com - any bought from them?

For questions about finch enclosures (cages & aviaries).
zebsoc
Wonder Wooer
Wonder Wooer

cageworld.com - any bought from them?

Post by zebsoc » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:59 pm

I saw a cage on YouTube that came from cageworld.com and was excellent price.
Don't know if its an ad or real customer.

They are located in California USA.

BBB had no info on them except where they were located.

They have 2 cages that look very very interesting. And best prices I could find for them.

2 cages for $176

1 cage with stand included $99

Prices just seem Too good to be true or cages very bad?

They say 100% guaranteed but then when read futher
Says all sales final, no return unless defective and they will charge still for shipping (they don't say how much since they say free shipping) plus have to pay to ship back.
So not worth it even if defective.

Anyone have experience with this company?

Are cages good cages?

Amazon prices much higher and LOTS of complaints of defective and missing part on their large cages.
Attachments
a64736b13415f3ea71d4d8_l__21119.1382455408.300.300.jpeg
a64736b13415f3ea71d4d8_l__21119.1382455408.300.300.jpeg (30.88 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
2484S_2__40938.1389210935.300.300.jpeg
2484S_2__40938.1389210935.300.300.jpeg (15.52 KiB) Viewed 1818 times

zebsoc
Wonder Wooer
Wonder Wooer

Re: cageworld.com - any bought from them?

Post by zebsoc » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:09 am

With these type of cages if I combine them together, would I still be able to use the center wall as a divider
for when cleaning?

would really help to be able to close a section while cleaning so can open doors wide and not worry about birds flying out.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:02 am

zebsoc

I have never heard of this outfit before, and you're right, the prices do appear to be too good to be true.....

I tried to search for customer reviews and couldn't find any (other than one lady, who has apparently had some rather bad experiences, but she seems a bit off as well in her review ). They are not accredited through the BBB, who apparently have no information good or bad about them, so.....

Personally I would be careful.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

zebsoc
Wonder Wooer
Wonder Wooer

Post by zebsoc » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:20 am

Hi lovezebs

Thank you for trying to find some info on this company.

They claim to have been in business since 1981 but not a single product of theirs has any reviews and so little about them.

From the BBB site it may be a 1 person business?

Only a P.O. box, no address. So not a store.

There is/was a cagesworld in Arizona but doesn't seem to be connected to this one in California.

They are for example selling 3 cages 30-18-36 for $149 (no stands).
Same looking cage I paid $50 each for about 10-15 yrs ago.

Not only do I wonder about getting something good for my money, or anything at all, but about giving info to them including credit card.
Yet so tempting.

Thank you for your caution advice.

peter121378
Nestling
Nestling

Post by peter121378 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:53 am

zebsoc

Hi, I found a complaint site for them but don't know if it's true/false. Just something to keep in mind when/if you purchase from them.

http://usacomplaints.com/complaints-rev ... world.com/
~Peter~

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:59 am

These prices are pretty low. I tried to find comparable cages. Countryfeathers.net has the 30x18x36 cage for $144 for two, and then you have to order the stands separately, which come 4 to a case, no way to order just one (they are more of a wholesaler and tend to sell in quantity). The other, taller cages used to be available, but I haven't seen them in a while and can't find a comparable seller. The seller you are asking about is selling this same? cage for three for $145, so his price is extremely low.

Some people have put two of these cages together to make a large flight cage, but I don't know if or how they have made it so they can insert a divider when cleaning cages. Hopefully, some of them will chime in on how they did it.

I've never heard of this seller, and you always have to be cautious when dealing with an unknown online seller.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:04 pm

zebsoc

Yea, I would not give them any credit card information personally.
I also found it extremely odd, that since 1981 (so they claim), there have been no comments good or bad regarding this outfit. With such low prices, etc. you would think that there would be some raving reviews from the bird world.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:55 pm

I buy from amazon (trust them)my F030 flight cage no shipping cost ,no tax, cage in like 3 days. The bottom of the cage where the tray slides was bent in a little but was easy enough to fix so tray would slide in.I think they are so heavy they do get bent in packing the bigger flight cages.about to order another,I personally don'the like to use the wire bottom so I like the cages where this slides in and out and this cage does some of the cages the bottom grate has to stay on or cage just is too flimsy not sure about them,
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked
Family of six ,Family of seven+three Society

jonvill
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Post by jonvill » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:29 pm

I bought a case of cages from them years ago.
I had no problem at all with them.

paul-inAZ
3 Eggs Laid
3 Eggs Laid

Post by paul-inAZ » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:33 pm

I've never heard of them but my general rule for on-line purchases from some unknown source is to avoid anyone who does not have a physical address and phone number.
No reviews makes them even scarier.
And remember that a BBB rating doesn't necessarily mean much. Most times all it says is that they paid the membership fee.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:03 pm

paul-inAZ

They are not even listed with BBB, (which at least would let you know of any complaints or unhappy dissatisfied customers).
~Elana~

zebsoc
Wonder Wooer
Wonder Wooer

Post by zebsoc » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:40 pm

Thank you everyone for your posts and research on this company.

Jonvill - since its been a few years, do you remember how long it took for the cages to ship/arrive? Were they sent within the USA?

Maybe they are morerof a wholesaler?
Tho so strange that no one is taking about these great bargins.

Sojourner
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by Sojourner » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:52 pm

zebsoc

I'm not sure they are great bargains - from what little I can see in the pictures posted, it looks like they are the "bent wire" type of cage.

That is, they have no supporting framework, the cage is formed of only wire panels that have had the ends bent around the next section to hold it all together. So if you removed the top and the bottom, it would fold up.

IMHO, that is not sufficiently sturdy to try to stick them together to make one bigger cage from 2.

The whole no-returns thing would put me totally off them. I wouldn't even consider buying from someone who tells you up front that you're just stuck, or else you have to pay to ship the junk back.
Molly Brown 11/22/15
Pyewacket 6/15/17
Trudy 2/24/18

Turn towards home, and go there. Many overs, over woods and fields, streams and hills, many overs. Just turn towards home. How else would one go there? Perhaps it was a dream, and you have awakened from it. May the earth rise up beneath you, with home in your heart, and your person waiting.

zebsoc
Wonder Wooer
Wonder Wooer

Post by zebsoc » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:46 am

Hi Sojourner

Yes I agree both about the cages being flimsy and not good when have to pay to return.
Tho Amazon can charge shipping both ways if they don't consider a product Defective, just not up to expectations.

But I am thinking of going with Amazon since if arrive in bad shape or missing parts at least they will pay to just have whole thing returned.

Main problem buying from Amazon is they sell very few large cages directly and I don't trust the Amazon sellers of the large cages that people have had lots of problems with, which also require return at own expense.

No tall cages direct by Amazon that I like.

Picture below is cages Direct by Amazon but only 16" tall and I think that includes the tray section, making it about 14" tall. Just too too short unless I can put two stacked on top.
I am Not mechanically inclined at all unfortunately.
And as you said wire is flimsy already.
If I were mechanical I could add a frame but that is impossible and just too complicated.

Think any hope 2 could stay on top of each other with 2 more cnnected together next to it. Give support or only make worse/ more unstable?

zebsoc
Wonder Wooer
Wonder Wooer

Post by zebsoc » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:49 am

I tried calling company. Number they had on top seemed to pick up and then hang up.
Other number just a global voicemail no company name.

Looking at Amazon.

See pictures and prices below.
24-16-16
Attachments
Amazon $194
Amazon $194
Amazon $184
Amazon $184