Cedar blocks and Lavender Satchets

For questions about finch enclosures (cages & aviaries).
Rothe18
Hatchling
Hatchling

Cedar blocks and Lavender Satchets

Post by Rothe18 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:31 am

Hello and good evening!!! I do have a question!

I recently moved into a fairly old house, here in Japan. Old style construction means plenty of chinks and cracks for squiggly crawlers to come in for a vacation in Hotel Le Me. It's only been two weeks, so not much has shown itself, but I saw a few silverfish, and before I cleaned, a dead roach or 2.

Also, various tiny little flying things, though not as much as expected. To prevent silverfish getting into my books, I was hoping to put some cedar cubes between them, and spray some therapeutic-grade diluted lavender oil spray on the underside of the shelves. I know the essential oil shouldn't be bad. The bookcase, however, is basically next to the birdcage. I really don't think the scent will fill the air, and the birds will never have access to them. A closet, similarly, which is across the room and can be closed but not completely sealed, I was hoping to put cedar paper lining in.

Is this safe?

Rothe18
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Cedar blocks and Lavender Satchets

Post by Rothe18 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:27 pm

Also, since I plan to store my seasonal clothes in bins with lavender satchets and a few cedar blocks, the smell will attach itself- is this dangerous when I let my birds sit on me?