Please help me choose a cage

For questions about finch enclosures (cages & aviaries).
Tish
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Please help me choose a cage

Post by Tish » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:33 pm

I'am having troubles deciding what cage to buy, but I like these 2 because there higher off the ground which is good because I own a cat. Link to cages https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00B9YO8K ... ref=plSrch https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B014KMIQN ... ref=plSrch First picture one is YML cage, second is HomCom.
Attachments
YML
YML
51nsOJRRhoL._SY400_.jpg (19.65 KiB) Viewed 1071 times
Homcom
Homcom
41vu5I7gZKL._SY400_.jpg (18.35 KiB) Viewed 1071 times
1 Cat ( Logan), 2 Rosy Bourkes (Pip & Kiki), 2 Guinea Pigs (Biscuit & Gizmo), 1 Syrian Hamster (Sammy), 1 Russian Dwarf Hamster (Peanut), 4 Gerbils ( Shiloh & Emma) & (Lilly & Rose)

w.l.
Incubating
Incubating

Re: Please help me choose a cage

Post by w.l. » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:44 pm

It would help to know what bird(s) the cage would be for.

In any case, keeping birds and cats in the same room isn't usually a good idea.

Tish
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by Tish » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:07 pm

Society finches. My cat doesn't bother them now, but not sure if that would change with them being closer to the ground.
1 Cat ( Logan), 2 Rosy Bourkes (Pip & Kiki), 2 Guinea Pigs (Biscuit & Gizmo), 1 Syrian Hamster (Sammy), 1 Russian Dwarf Hamster (Peanut), 4 Gerbils ( Shiloh & Emma) & (Lilly & Rose)

w.l.
Incubating
Incubating

Post by w.l. » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:58 pm

Wow, that will be luxury accommodation for your societies!
Either cage will do, they seem nearly identical.
If you choose the 2nd one, remove that ladder as the finches won't climb on it but will likely soil it with their droppings.

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:22 pm

I have one of these cages at least it looks almost like it I keep Bogart my English keet in it his wings were clipped so not a problem with him flying around when I open door,not sure I would like it for tiny birds like finches that looks like one single large door,I have my society in F030 cages and there is a small door inside the large door and 2 small doors on each side great cage for finches bar spacing is also 3/8" it is more expensive then the one I own like yours it is $215 on amazon ,maybe others use this for finches and have no problem ,with a cat it maybe dangerous when cleaning or changing out water and food.
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked
Family of six ,Family of seven+three Society

Tish
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by Tish » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:27 pm

I bought the homcom cage(second caged pictured) just waiting for it to deliver. Hopefully my cat doesn't give me any trouble.

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:16 pm

Sometimes it's so hard to know what cage is best for what you nees, I think your society finches are going to love there new home,I have a family of six and they are my very fav. to sit and watch they are so entertaining with there personality .be sure to post your happy birds in there new home
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked
Family of six ,Family of seven+three Society

slwatson
Proud Parent
Proud Parent

Post by slwatson » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:58 pm

Tish

I have two similar cages at home that I bought a few months ago. The only thing I don't like about them is the door....I have to be careful the birds don't get out when I open and close the door, since there's just one big one. They've gotten out a couple of times, but I was able to catch them and put them back in.
Stacie
Look up Tweets & Beaks on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Tweets-Beaks-1 ... 0/?fref=ts