Where to put two male owls

For questions about finch enclosures (cages & aviaries).
Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Where to put two male owls

Post by Barbara » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:15 pm

This question started on another post(is this normal) After geting owls out of society flight cages and puting them in two separate cages it appears I have 2 males they are both meow but also singing first time I heard the female sing so now where can I put them.I am confused they apparently were fighting each other in with the society mom dad and 4 babies I think there are 3 males/ 3 females.will my two male owls fight if they are in with males and females,gohldians,or gold breast,or red cheeked.will they only do good by there self or in a all male avairy?I have 3 F030 cages combined with the society and 2 F030 cage combines with a pair blue cheeked,Pair of goldbreast and a male canary.I feel my only option is in a 31"X21" cage by therself.Now I am geting two gouldian babies tomorrow not sure male or female/not adult colors yet,so if they are not a pair will they act the same as the owl did and have to be kept separate unless there both males then they could be with the two male owls ? #-o so confused
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked
Family of six ,Family of seven+three Society

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Re: Where to put two male owls

Post by Barbara » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:08 pm

I think I solved my problem I definitely have two males both singing when in different rooms I think the one dominant male owl was fighting with the other owl in the cage with the six societies over the females,I have been looking over information here and other sites and the owls have been known to breed with society,the girl at pet suppy NH thought they were a pair,I know it is really hard to tell but my plan was to put them with the society because the flight cage is 9ft. Long and thought they would love all the flying room I did not want to breed them but wished they were a pair because although there are no nest in my cages they are paired,I called the bird suppy in NH and she is going to try to get me a female for exchange tomorrow
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked

lem2bert
1 Egg Laid
1 Egg Laid

Post by lem2bert » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:20 pm

Barbara, I am glad you figured out what it was that might be going on. If you get a female do you think it might be better to put them in with the waxbills.
Betty 1 toy poodle and canary.

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:19 pm

Not sure where I will put them I am going to really make sure it's a female at the store and also before I put her in with Bailey,then leave them together for a few weeks to decide,what is best for them and me ,I just hope they have a female if not I do not have any idea what to do #-o
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked