2 Together

For questions about finch enclosures (cages & aviaries).
finchandlovebird
Proven
Proven

Re: 2 Together

Post by finchandlovebird » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:01 am

I have two Prevue F040 zip tied together to make a 6' flight; I'll be posting it in Marketplace.
Dolly J

1 Canary
, 1 Parakeet
Raised Gouldians & Scarlet Chested Parakeets in past years

Madcat
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by Madcat » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:19 pm

FinchGrinch exactly!!! Was pretty simple. I took one side panel off each cage and folded the the wires back the way they were. I used wire on the back n front. Jen@ann thanks so much!!@Shannylee the cages are the 30 in breeder cages so two together is 60. lovezebs I put it on top of my double flight cage. Your set up is great! U said unstable??? Maybe one or two inch thick wood on top of the double to set the other cages on?
30+ Gouldians
1 Red Cheeked Cordon Bleu
1 White Society
1 Fawn Owl

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:45 pm

Madcat

What I was thinking of, is putting the four together, making it into a 5 feet in length, 3 feet in height flight.

I wish I was more handy with putting what I see in my head into action.

I could attach it to the wall, to give it stability, but thats not practical for cleaning purposes....

Sigh... I'll figure something out eventually.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Madcat
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by Madcat » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:31 pm

lovezebs oooo!!! Attaching to wall. Good idea. Find studs put bracket on studs and make a shelf as long as you want! Excellent idea! Cleaning issue?
30+ Gouldians
1 White Society
1 Fawn Owl

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:46 pm

Madcat

I would have the whole contraption sitting on two small tables, but because of the flimsy nature of these flights, I was thinking of anchoring them to the wall somehow, to give them stability.

When I mentioned cleaning, I had meant the wall behind, but I suppose I could attach something to the back of the flight, to save the wall from flying poops and other disgusting matter. That said, I would still have to fortify the frame somehow, so that the whole thing doesn't buckle in on itself.

Now you've got me thinking in overdrive over here, can you smell the smoke coming out of my ears yet????
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Madcat
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by Madcat » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:23 pm

lovezebs yep and I can see the wheels a turnin! Ok. I get the cleaning issue now...with the wall behind. Hmmm... this project is going to be interesting
30+ Gouldians
1 White Society
1 Fawn Owl

finchandlovebird
Proven
Proven

Post by finchandlovebird » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:34 am

Madcat: just hang a shower curtain behind the cage; should protect the wall nicely
Dolly J

1 Canary
, 1 Parakeet
Raised Gouldians & Scarlet Chested Parakeets in past years