My cage Build

For questions about finch enclosures (cages & aviaries).
lovs2build
Pip
Pip

My cage Build

Post by lovs2build » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:28 am

Hello everyone. I have been visiting the site for last few months looking for ideas. I have bred parkeets and was given a pair of Java Finches as a gift. After reading how they need space I decided to build a HUGE enclosure for them. The design is taken from franny's post ( http://www.finchforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3356 ) which I addjusted a little.

Anyways thanks for the great forum on Finches and hope you enjoy my build. If you have any questions just reply and I will try to answer. :D
Attachments
Our 2 Java Finches
Our 2 Java Finches
Completed Cage. I cut 1/4" pile board strips for the trim and used wood glue to seal to prevent seeds collecting.
Completed Cage. I cut 1/4" pile board strips for the trim and used wood glue to seal to prevent seeds collecting.
framing completed
framing completed
Completed sides
Completed sides
Top and bottom made from 1x1 with 1 1/2" screws and wood glue.
Top and bottom made from 1x1 with 1 1/2" screws and wood glue.

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: My cage Build

Post by Sally » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:12 am

lovs2build

Great job on the cage build! They may not use that ladder, but finches always love a swing. Welcome to the forum! There's lots of good reading at www.finchinfo.com, where you will find many articles on finch care. If you put your general location in your profile, it makes it easier for members to direct you to the best places to get supplies, etc.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:14 am

lovs2build

Nice job! I'm sure your birds will enjoy their new home.

Is this cage smaller than Frannie's, or is it just my imagination?
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

lovs2build
Pip
Pip

Post by lovs2build » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:22 am

lovezebs wrote: lovs2build

Nice job! I'm sure your birds will enjoy their new home.

Is this cage smaller than Frannie's, or is it just my imagination?
Hi and thanks for your reply.
Yes it is smaller. Total dimensions are 32" wide 24" high and 18" long.

lovs2build
Pip
Pip

Post by lovs2build » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:24 am

Sally wrote: lovs2build

Great job on the cage build! They may not use that ladder, but finches always love a swing. Welcome to the forum! There's lots of good reading at http://www.finchinfo.com, where you will find many articles on finch care. If you put your general location in your profile, it makes it easier for members to direct you to the best places to get supplies, etc.
Ahh ok I will do that. Thanks for kind words, really love site I have spent many hours reading and looking at other cages. I am avid bird lover. :)