finally it's here

For questions about finch enclosures (cages & aviaries).
Tish
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

finally it's here

Post by Tish » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:40 pm

A few days ago I came across an ad on kijiji, a gentleman was selling a double flight cage for $250. Well I bought it, it saves me $200 buying new. I cleaned it and my boyfriend put it together. I'am so happy, it's not the best cage, but it works. My birds have been flying back and forth since they were put in it. Finally my dream came true :)
1 Cat ( Logan), 2 Rosy Bourkes (Pip & Kiki), 2 Guinea Pigs (Biscuit & Gizmo), 1 Syrian Hamster (Sammy), 1 Russian Dwarf Hamster (Peanut), 4 Gerbils ( Shiloh & Emma) & (Lilly & Rose)

lem2bert
1 Egg Laid
1 Egg Laid

Re: finally it's here

Post by lem2bert » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:46 pm

Tish

:D Congratulations on your purchase. I am always looking for cages for sale !! Sounds like your little birds love it. Would love to see pictures. (I always love looking at pictures of birds and of their homes. Great way to get new ideas. ) :)
Betty 1 toy poodle and canary.

Tish
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by Tish » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:20 pm

It's not a very good picture, and I need to go to the dollar store for vines to decorate. The bowls are up high because my cat will bug them while they eat, but besides that he leaves them alone. Any ideas on cage decor would be great.
Attachments
20170127_142822.jpg
1 Cat ( Logan), 2 Rosy Bourkes (Pip & Kiki), 2 Guinea Pigs (Biscuit & Gizmo), 1 Syrian Hamster (Sammy), 1 Russian Dwarf Hamster (Peanut), 4 Gerbils ( Shiloh & Emma) & (Lilly & Rose)

FinchGrinch
Nestling
Nestling

Post by FinchGrinch » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:59 pm

I dont know how you are going to keep food and water in it, with it turned up on end like that :D Just kidding, nice roomy looking cage.
John

w.l.
Incubating
Incubating

Post by w.l. » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:48 pm

Great to people provide such large cages for their finches!
They way all captive birds should live.

Tish
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by Tish » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:21 pm

FinchGrinch wrote: I dont know how you are going to keep food and water in it, with it turned up on end like that :D Just kidding, nice roomy looking cage.
lol.. it took me a second to get that :D

Tish
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by Tish » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:24 pm

w.l. wrote: Great to people provide such large cages for their finches!
They way all captive birds should live.
I agree away buy the largest you can afford or accommodate or do what I did and save money and take up massive space. Big is the best, no regrets :)

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:53 pm

Tish

Nice big flight :-BD Congratulations Tish.

@FinchGrinch

Tee hee heee....
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:58 pm

Most of my cages are second-hand, many found on craigslist. In fact, of 38 cages I now have, only one was new! I love those double flights! You can get plastic plants at places like Michael's, Hobby Lobby (sorry, I think this one is mostly in the southern U.S.), or even dollar stores. I also cut branches from my yard for perches, and I do add swings.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

Jen
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Jen » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:49 pm

Tish
Great find! You little birdies will love the extra room and will be stronger being able to fly more. Nice job!!!

Jenny

Gouldians, Red Cheek Cordon Blue family, Gold Breasted Waxbills, Fire Finches, Owl finches, Yellow Face & Red Face Star Finches, Lavender Finches, Society Finches, Canary,Rosey Bourke, Scarlet Chested Grasskeets, Cockatiels, too many Guineas, Izzy my 16 year old cute doggie dog, two spoiled kitties!

lem2bert
1 Egg Laid
1 Egg Laid

Post by lem2bert » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:50 pm

Tish

That is a nice picture and a great cage !! Good deal !! I go to Michael's for vines and greenery when they have their 50% off sale. Most of my flowers and greenery for the inside of the cage come from the dollar store or thrift shop !! I usually decorate the inside top of the cage and inside corners and the end of branches with greenery. I use zipties to attach them. I am sure you are going to enjoy decorating this cage. Beautiful cage and I bet your little societies are loving all the room.
Betty 1 toy poodle and canary.

Tish
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by Tish » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:22 pm

Thanks everyone. The societies are loving the cage, flying all over. It's really my best buy for them. I can't wait to add my other 2 society finches to this cage, after quarantine is finished.

Shannylee
Jute Junkie
Jute Junkie

Post by Shannylee » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:37 pm

Tish, I love the double! I have 4 of the single flights. I have considered putting 2 together to make a double but the species that I am keeping in them right now...that just won't work (cough...whydahs...cough). 8) My societies have a swing and they LOVE it.
~Sharon

Orange Cheeked Waxbills, Gold-breasted Waxbills, Societies, Gouldians, Bronze Winged Mannikins, Spices, Canaries, Javas, Pin Tailed Whydahs, too many Koi to count, a husband, and a rescue puppy!

Tish
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by Tish » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:43 am

I have a swing too, only 1 of my society finches use it.