will this work for 13?

For questions about finch enclosures (cages & aviaries).
Sheather
Proven
Proven

Re: will this work for 13?

Post by Sheather » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:35 pm

Societies do great in odd numbers. Trust me - I've had at least 50 of the little buggers over the years and haven't yet had aggression. I have a trio now, and they are all very lovey dovey with each other.
~Dylan

~~~

lem2bert
1 Egg Laid
1 Egg Laid

Post by lem2bert » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:56 pm

Tish

:lol: I do not see the white one, but why not take the white bird also. Many of the members seem to have good luck with odd numbers of societies. If it does not work out you may be able to find another society for your cage, but you may find a harder time finding a white one. Just a suggestion.
Betty 1 toy poodle and canary.

slwatson
Proud Parent
Proud Parent

Post by slwatson » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:31 pm

Tish

I have an odd number of societies in a single flight cage and everyone gets along great. I've had to add singles in the past and just watched to make sure everyone got along, and they always did in my case.
Stacie
Look up Tweets & Beaks on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Tweets-Beaks-1 ... 0/?fref=ts

Tish
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by Tish » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:52 pm

Okay I talked the guy into giving me the mom, dad and the white baby as well as one of the other chocolate pied baby. He's going to find the fifth society another home, I feel guilty because it will be alone, but my boyfriend really didn't want 13 and he really didn't want 14. I hope I made the right decision, and that lone finch finds a new family of its own.
1 Cat ( Logan), 2 Rosy Bourkes (Pip & Kiki), 2 Guinea Pigs (Biscuit & Gizmo), 1 Syrian Hamster (Sammy), 1 Russian Dwarf Hamster (Peanut), 4 Gerbils ( Shiloh & Emma) & (Lilly & Rose)

Shannylee
Jute Junkie
Jute Junkie

Post by Shannylee » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:36 pm

Tish, great cage and your Societies will LOVE it! I have 12 in a flight cage and I have no clue how many are male or female. In my experience, you don't have to have an even number of pairs when it comes to Societies.
~Sharon

Orange Cheeked Waxbills, Gold-breasted Waxbills, Societies, Gouldians, Bronze Winged Mannikins, Spices, Canaries, Javas, Pin Tailed Whydahs, too many Koi to count, a husband, and a rescue puppy!

Tish
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by Tish » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:14 pm

The guy cancel on me. I didn't get any of his finches, he said his wife decided not to sell. However my niece felt bad for me and took me out to find 2 society finches and I did at petsmart. Not sure of their gender just yet, but one is fawn pied and the other is a chocolate pied. Both are very cute, I couldn't be happier about my find. Pictures to come when everything settles down in my quarantine cage.
1 Cat ( Logan), 2 Rosy Bourkes (Pip & Kiki), 2 Guinea Pigs (Biscuit & Gizmo), 1 Syrian Hamster (Sammy), 1 Russian Dwarf Hamster (Peanut), 4 Gerbils ( Shiloh & Emma) & (Lilly & Rose)

lem2bert
1 Egg Laid
1 Egg Laid

Post by lem2bert » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:31 pm

Tish

What a nice niece you have !!! I am glad you were able to find two little societies at petsmart. Hope everything goes well with their quarantine. :) Looking forward to pictures !!!

Tish
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by Tish » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:11 pm

Yeah my niece is pretty great, however she doesn't understand my interest in birds, kinda thinks it's a waste of time and money. She did it though because she knew how badly I wanted some new finches to add too my flock.

lem2bert
1 Egg Laid
1 Egg Laid

Post by lem2bert » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:10 am

Tish

I think that everyone needs a hobby and if your hobby is your passion all the better. :D As far as it being a waste of money that is only for you to decide. :) Enjoy your hobby !!!