New bird room

For questions about finch enclosures (cages & aviaries).
Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

New bird room

Post by Barbara » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:09 pm

Well we finished taking out closet and painting new bird room.My hubby sure puts up with me ,he had to take out part of the wall wheel all the cages thru then he put wall back in.pictures didn't come out too good had to use cell phone to take them but I do love the way it came out
Attachments
0221171727a_resized.jpg
0221171723_resized.jpg
0221171657_resized(1).jpg
0221171658_resized(1).jpg
0221171656a_resized.jpg
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked
Family of six ,Family of seven+three Society

lem2bert
1 Egg Laid
1 Egg Laid

Re: New bird room

Post by lem2bert » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:27 pm

Barbara

WOW !!! Absolutely gorgeous. Your babies must really love it . It looks so bright :) . You and your husband did a great job. =D>

What is the brown thing hanging off the cage in the first and last picture ?

What color are the walls ?

I like the counter you have your paper cutter on !!!

Enjoy sitting and watching your birds ! :)
Betty 1 toy poodle and canary.

a_gouldian
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Post by a_gouldian » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:57 pm

Very nice! Are the blue things near the bottom of a few of the cages for baths?
Gouldians, Red-faced Stars, Owl Finches, Blue-capped Cordon Bleus

Willow
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by Willow » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:10 pm

That's so cool! I will be moving into a mini home but still in the planning stages so it will be awhile and I have no idea how all my cages/play stands are going to work, it's so awesome you have a whole room! :)
''Everyone has ocean's to fly, if they have the heart to do it. Is it reckless? Maybe. But what do dreams know of boundaries?'' ― Amelia Earhart

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Barbara

Lovely room!

How many F030's have you got in there? Are some of them attached together for extra length?
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:19 pm

Willow I actually live in a trailer it is a double wide with 3 bedrooms and it did have two baths,we were sooooo very tired of a mortgage so sold our house and bought this older trailer we have been taking down walls and extra bathroom, pantry, trying to open it all up and this room was a extra one that we finished for all my birds.you will figure out I had to choose this table or another cage,this couch or another cage somehow the birds always win and get there cage :D :D
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:25 pm

lovezebs I actually have seven F030 cages,three hooked together on one wall,two hooked together in front of the window and two,that were joined but had to separate gouldian weren't geting along so a pair in each one .I liked them together it gave them so much more room to fly I had three pairs and they were always fighting so I have them all separated and Betty has a pair.what we do for our babies eventually all the males might go in one double and all the females in another double.
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked

Tish
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by Tish » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:32 pm

Wow it looks so amazing, I love it. Your birds are really lucky, their cages look great.
1 Cat ( Logan), 2 Rosy Bourkes (Pip & Kiki), 2 Guinea Pigs (Biscuit & Gizmo), 1 Syrian Hamster (Sammy), 1 Russian Dwarf Hamster (Peanut), 4 Gerbils ( Shiloh & Emma) & (Lilly & Rose)

Chrismurdoch3
Jute Junkie
Jute Junkie

Post by Chrismurdoch3 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:36 pm

Looks amazing and bright, i bet the birdies will absolutely love it.
OWLS, GOULDIANS, SOCIETIES, AND FEW ZEBRAS

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:44 pm

Tish thank-you they are lucky but not as lucky as me they make me happy when I can make them all comfy.

@Chrismurdoch3 thank-you they were a little upset last night but they have settled down today and seem to be doing great.
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:24 pm

Barbara

It looks really nice Barbara.

What did you do with the roofs of the F030's? I noticed that they don't stick out on the ends. Did you cut them off?

By the way, how did you attach them together?
I'm interested in putting two together at some point, and I'm curious how you managed it (?)
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:46 pm

lovezebs we did clip it back,because I like them right up against the wall and on the last two I decided to clip it back in the front too.Hubby did all the work if you look inside of your cage about half way up on the sides there are holes already there just not drilled all the way thru,he drilled them thru and we used bolts to hold them together,once he cut the top and bottom of one side leave middle bar,we take wheels off where the legs are together on one side easier to move so our triple cage would usually have 12 wheels it has 8,if you do it you won't be sorry I just love the triple.the first one we tried plastic ties but didn't feel strong enough so we use bolts and no trouble rolling and moving very sturdy cages.If I had the room I would add another to my double.Be sure to let me know if you do it
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked

Nicole R.
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by Nicole R. » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:51 pm

Barbara

What a beautiful setup! Gorgeous. Your birds must be very happy :)

Nicole
2 red billed firefinches
2 red cheeked cordon bleus
2 owl finches
2 seagreen parrot finches
All yet to be delivered
Non-breeding (all male) mixed community

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:11 pm

Barbara

Ok, I get it now, thanks.

I could see the middle bars in the photos, so I wasn't sure if you'd actually removed the middle walls or not.
~Elana~

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:55 pm

lem2bert a_gouldian first off I just noticed my answer I wrote yesterday didn't post so I want to apologize to the both of you for not noticing sooner.

Betty the brown thing on one of the cages is two flowered dolies that I put at the corner where the nest is that a pair of my gouldian pair is siting on six eggs,it gives them a safe corner where if I go in and out of the room they don't get spooked while in the nest it seemed to work good on my other pair with there four babies so thought I would do it for this pair.Though the room might look a little orange in some of the pictures it is a light yellow.I love those older metal cabinets I have them in my kitchen and this was a extra one I thought I would use for all my bird stuff and the paper fits perfect on top.I always come up with these ideas and hubby always helps me make them happen :D I do enjoy the room just as much as the birds,sometimes I sit longer then I should ,but when your retired why not do what you enjoy .

a_gouldian the blue dishes are actually green and yes they are in all my cages for them to take there baths .they love them.Took pictures with cell phone so not the best
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked