Flight cage turned on it's side, larger now (ideas)

For questions about finch enclosures (cages & aviaries).
Celeris
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Re: Flight cage turned on it's side, larger now (ideas)

Post by Celeris » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:17 pm

Jesse

Is this a Prevue F040? What'd you do about the shelf and feet on the bottom? Is that how you're proposing extending the cage?

Jesse
Pip
Pip

Post by Jesse » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:39 pm

Yes it is. I am removing the wheels, haven't had time yet or I would show you and enclosing the bottom with this... see pic
@Celeris
Hardware cloth
The bottom shelf is removable. It will add an extra foot. Right now I have a huge plant in front of it so even if I didn't remove it, you can't really see it.

With the rest of the cloth I am making a second flight cage for my Zebras. Because I line with newspaper and don't use pans it doesn't matter. I change the paper every 2nd day. And to be honest, it's mostly dirty where they perch anyways. So I actually change 1/2 the cages paper every 2nd day and the entire cage once a week.
If you decide to make a cage........
There are clips you can buy to keep the cage together. You can also use 'escineras' (in Spanish I don't know what they are called in English) they are used in building with cement for corners to frame the cage. I am not sure if I will use them yet, I have seen them without them. But here is the idea Home made bird cage I got the idea from livestock auctions. Farmers and ranchers always make their own cages.
Last edited by Jesse on Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jesse
Pip
Pip

Post by Jesse » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:46 pm

I posted the wrong hardware wire cage.....sorry it's late lol. This cage will be 6 ft long and not as high at the flight cage I have.