Is fine sand safe for finches??

For questions about finch enclosures (cages & aviaries).
Sojourner
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Re: Is fine sand safe for finches??

Post by Sojourner » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:50 am

MisterGribs

These guys had never seen anything other than dry seed as food before I got them. It can be very very difficult to introduce new foods to adult budgies. These guys were still young when I got them - but had had little or no exposure to anything but seed in their cage.

It was a real struggle to get them to finally identify a plate full of veggies as actual food. They still kind of go at it off and on - they were off it today - but at least they're eating SOME of it.

Of course part of what put them off was probably the bath I put in the cage bottom next to the food. They actually climbed around the cage side so they wouldn't have to pass the bath at ground level to get at the food dish, LOL!
Molly Brown 11/22/15
Pyewacket 6/15/17
Trudy 2/24/18

Turn towards home, and go there. Many overs, over woods and fields, streams and hills, many overs. Just turn towards home. How else would one go there? Perhaps it was a dream, and you have awakened from it. May the earth rise up beneath you, with home in your heart, and your person waiting.

MisterGribs
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Re: Is fine sand safe for finches??

Post by MisterGribs » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:24 am

Sojourner Those poor things... Lol :o
2 black cheek zebras and 5 CFW zebras, one A&M pied coturnix hen, my darling cream/lavender coturnix roo, and his attitude.