The Pro's And Con's Of A Free Flight Bird Room

For questions about finch enclosures (cages & aviaries).
lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: The Pro's And Con's Of A Free Flight Bird Room

Post by lovezebs » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:12 pm

MisterGribs

So it never occured to use a tablecloth, but you have one all the time in the kitchen (?) LOL.....
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:13 pm

it sure was a different time I still have tablecloths Old ones that I love to use and don't get me going on doilies love those too .I actually still love to cross stitch them for my dressers and tables.

If you want to use shower curtains I would just use more thumb tacks,lots of them and it shouldn't blow out
Last edited by Barbara on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked
Family of six ,Family of seven+three Society

MisterGribs
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by MisterGribs » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:14 pm

lovezebs right, and I look at it all day long, lol.
2 black cheek zebras and 5 CFW zebras, one A&M pied coturnix hen, my darling cream/lavender coturnix roo, and his attitude.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:19 pm

Barbara

I'm soaking up different ideas here.....

I am leaning more towards the thick clear plastic to protect the walls. Cheaper, stronger, easier to wipe down, and you can see the wood through it.

I have some embroidered runners that my Mom made many rears ago. She's been gone 21 years now, but when I use them, I always feel close to her, sigh....
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:23 pm

MisterGribs

The table, or the tablecloth?

Here's a project for you, sand the top of the table down, paint some pretty little zebra at all four corners, connect them with leafy vines, and varnish.... :D :D :D
~Elana~

MisterGribs
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by MisterGribs » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:20 pm

lovezebs The tablecloth, haha. I was going blind from staring at that horrible table...Even if I painted it, it would still be ugly as sin. It's legs and edges are so gaudy and tacky, and it's falling apart to boot! Lol

I wouldn't mind painting some zeebs on a new one though!
2 black cheek zebras and 5 CFW zebras, one A&M pied coturnix hen, my darling cream/lavender coturnix roo, and his attitude.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:54 pm

MisterGribs

I think it is time for a new table , my friend :D
~Elana~

Dave
Sisal Slave
Sisal Slave

Post by Dave » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:20 pm

For plastic, you can go to a builder's store (like Lowes or Home Depot) and get rolls of 5 or 6 mil clear poly, 50' long or 100' long. It would be several times cheaper than using something from a fabric store.

If you tack it to a wall, roll the top edge over several times, so you're tacking through 4 or 5 thickness. A little bit like a flat-fell seam. Then the poly won't rip around the tack.
Dave

Campbellsville, Kentucky, USA
Canaries

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:52 am

Dave

I was thinking the same thing, somewhere further up, about a home hardware store.

I simply have to figure something out for floor, walls and ceiling, before even considering this venture.

I suppose it's time to get out the old measuring tape, and get some numeros down, regarding how much of what I will need and how much it will cost.

Linoleum for floor.
Roll(s) of plastic for the walls.
Semi gloss(no smell) paint for the ceiling....and possibly the window frames.

Thanks for the info about rolling the plastic a couple of times before attaching it. I would probably use a staple gun, not tacks, and to hide the spots screw in small hooks, through whick I'd thread vines of some sort....
~Elana~