Just Some Ideas

For questions about finch enclosures (cages & aviaries).
lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Just Some Ideas

Post by lovezebs » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:08 pm

Babs

Babsi, hello sweetie.
I was just thinking about you.

I rather like #2 from the top, and would have a bunch of them connected in a big circle , with a middle free flight sitting area with trees and shrubs and flowers, and a little fish pond.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

ann
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Post by ann » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:12 pm

lovezebs

Iso's aviary is wonderful - I saw it a few weeks ago, and I'm hoping to build something similar in my backyard. Also, what you can't see is a beautiful little pond on the other side of her yard. The whole effect is enchanting!

The little aviary you posted at 7:42 is mine that I built, and if anyone wants to build one I can give them the basic details.
2 owls
2 red-faced parrot finches
1 parrot finch hybrid
4 societies
7 gouldians
2 canaries
2 cocker spaniels

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:57 pm

ann

That's so cool, that you made that. How are you and your birdies enjoying it?
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

ann
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Post by ann » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:46 pm

The birds seem to like it, it's not huge but I keep anywhere from 2 to 4 in there at any given time. Right now it's occupied by 3 gouldian brothers. I made it about 20 years ago and it's still in great shape.
2 owls
1 parrot finch hybrid
4 societies
7 gouldians
2 canaries
2 cocker spaniels

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:11 pm

ann

Talented lady =D>
~Elana~

isobea
Incubating
Incubating

Post by isobea » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:35 pm

ann - Hi Ann, that is such a beautiful aviary you made! A woman of many talents! I had no idea. One of these days you'll have to show it to me.
Back in 1981, when I lived in an apartment in Germany, I built a small indoor aviary for my birds (1 pair of goldfinches, 1 pair of European siskins, 1 linnet) but it was all rectangular, nothing fancy like yours. I may still have a photo of it somewhere.
Just spent the last 15 minutes searching for it and taking a picture of it with my iPhone. Let's see if I can figure out how to post it. Not sure if you can see it, but it had two shallow pull-out drawers on the bottom. A piece of wood the width of the drawers was attached with hinges from the top. That way it automatically closed the gap when I removed the drawers for cleaning.
Iso
Attachments
FullSizeR (2).jpg

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:40 pm

isobea

Wow!
Another talented lady.... =D>
~Elana~

ann
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Post by ann » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:15 am

isobea

Beautiful and huge! I love all the greenery in there, and it looks like you've got lighting in there too! The gap filler on the drawer is a wonderful idea. I've had a few escapes over the years while the drawer was removed, I could have really used something like that.
2 owls
1 parrot finch hybrid
4 societies
7 gouldians
2 canaries
2 cocker spaniels

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:30 am

ann lovezebs

Ann as I mentioned earlier Iso has a wonderful aviary. Tell her to get us a shot of the pond!! The white little indoor aviary is yours? That is lovely craftsmanship . Very pretty as well. Just think if you could duplicate that same design 3X the size! *poke poke* * nudge*

Elana, Even if we can't build them ourselves. Just daydreaming gives us something to think about as we drift off to sleep at night. Thinking about projects like this is relaxing. Especially decorating details.

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:35 am

isobea

I just looked at the photoof the old indoor aviary! So that's where it all started, eh?

I absolutely adore your outdoor aviary. The design is simple and it's made so all the focus is on the birds and the interior. Would love some pictures of the inside as well. And of course your secret pond behind it ;)

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:38 am

Babs

;)) Yea.... :YMDAYDREAM: :YMDAYDREAM: :YMDAYDREAM: That and all the fun stuff one could do with the winning lotto ticket (which I forgot to buy, lol)
~Elana~

isobea
Incubating
Incubating

Post by isobea » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:09 pm

A big thank you to all of you for your compliments! A do appreciate your feedback.
This is just a quick note since the whole family will be here for Easter celebrations in about an hour, I'm just taking a breather from getting last minute things ready. No time for decent pix of the inside of the aviary or the pond area. So for now maybe a picture of the backyard patio will suffice.
Happy Easter to all of you!
Iso
Attachments
Backyard pic to send.JPG

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:32 am

isobea

Gorgeous patio. Fabulous weather. Hope you had a great holiday!

@lovezebs

Forgot to play? Well there goes all our plans! #-o :lol: