New Some Advice and Ideas !!!

For questions about finch enclosures (cages & aviaries).
Jen
Weaning
Weaning

New Some Advice and Ideas !!!

Post by Jen » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:32 pm

Hello everyone!

I am looking for ideas from everyone on how to make a division in my outdoor aviary for two pair of Grasskeets. They are wanting to nest but my nosey little Gouldies are too disturbing for them to settle in.

I'm needing a place in my aviary to separate birds. I was thinking of making two frames with screen in the center, making the frames the height of the aviary and about 36" wide, and using the wall of my aviary as the back wall. I would put hooks on the top of each panel and hang from the ceiling of the aviary, and they would hand down to the ground. My question is what could I use as the front wall where I could go inside to add feed and check nest? Maybe two smaller frames for the front, leaving the center opening about 30" wide with something hanging in the opening to keep the birds from flying out. I know these grasskeets are not skittish like finches are, so attempts to fly out and away from me would not be as bad as if these were small finches.

But...... if this works out for the grasskeets, I would like to use this section of the aviary to capture and house finches when I need to separate them from the others in the aviary. So what do you think? Have I confused everyone with what I want to do? Let me know what your ideas are. I tried looking on the internet for ideas with no luck. Do you think this would work??

Thank you!!!!!

Jen

Jenny

Gouldians, Red Cheek Cordon Blue family, Gold Breasted Waxbills, Fire Finches, Owl finches, Yellow Face & Red Face Star Finches, Lavender Finches, Society Finches, Canary,Rosey Bourke, Scarlet Chested Grasskeets, Cockatiels, too many Guineas, Izzy my 16 year old cute doggie dog, two spoiled kitties!

Paul's Amazing Birds
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Re: New Some Advice and Ideas !!!

Post by Paul's Amazing Birds » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:50 pm

My aviary has 3 separate sections that I keep open as a single flight most of the time. A hinged door between the sections is easy to make.
Send some pics so we can visualize your project.

Paul
Favorite hobby is continuing to improve on a landscaped, weather protected, 500 sq ft mixed aviary with 23 fascinating species. 30 years in the making; currently have
19 different Finch species, 2 types of Doves, plus 23 Button Quail and 30 pair of clear Red Factor Canaries.

Jen
Weaning
Weaning

Re: New Some Advice and Ideas !!!

Post by Jen » Mon May 01, 2017 7:55 am

Paul's Amazing Birds

Here's a couple of photos of my aviary. One taken outside and the other is inside in the corner where I'm thinking of making a small section for my Grasskeets. Since I already have the back screened wall and left screened wall, I was thinking of making a screened frame and hanging it from the ceiling for the right wall. I need help with the front part where I could go in and out without my birds escaping. I don't want it to be a "permanent" structure which is why I thought of the frames and hanging them on hooks. That way I could remove them or move them. What are your thoughts?
Attachments
IMG_20170430_165946299_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170430_170147748_HDR (3).jpg

Jenny

Gouldians, Red Cheek Cordon Blue family, Gold Breasted Waxbills, Fire Finches, Owl finches, Yellow Face & Red Face Star Finches, Lavender Finches, Society Finches, Canary,Rosey Bourke, Scarlet Chested Grasskeets, Cockatiels, too many Guineas, Izzy my 16 year old cute doggie dog, two spoiled kitties!