Bird room in progress

For questions about finch enclosures (cages & aviaries).
lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Bird room in progress

Post by lovezebs » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:45 am

Sheather

Dylan, I still enjoy seeing pictures of your old bird room, and looking forward to another one someday in the future :-BD
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:53 pm

Sally. I had a 3rd bedroom that I had a few plants and a wicker set ,I never went in it.then I started with 2 little society finches.I fell in lovem and had the room filled with huge flight cages that we even connected them in pairs then we said ohhh why not.No turning back now,will post the finshed room soon.
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked
Family of six ,Family of seven+three Society

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:08 pm

Sheather what a nice room you had for all your birds you must miss it.I would not put just water in a bucket I would of made a cover for the pots but I deceided to put them in sand (sandbox sand not treated) then the can stand up in them I always put branches with leaves in there flight cages the waxbills liked them the best and they do dry up but take quite a while to fall off,I like the trees with the leaves on it but this winter I will weave some greenery in the bare trees,mabe try to find a few plants would like to put a umbrella tree in there but haven't been able to find any then in the late spring put some new trees in.thank-you for the ideas.
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:18 pm

lem2bert. Betty it is all finished we did put the trees in and just dried them off with fans then put the bird cages in and out they came a few at a time.The society were chattering away its 30 min past there bed time and they are still trying to find a spot,they have to be all together so when some settle down and the others dont know where they are the scream till they come out from where they were.I have been just leaving them alone to figure it out.I will post pictures as soon as I get a chance to take some.It feels like christmas here,you know when you have a real tree and the pine needles stick around for weeks.I have my kitchen and living room back to normal but even vacuming I still see those seeds (pine needles)here in there that rolled away from me before I could get them.
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked

lem2bert
1 Egg Laid
1 Egg Laid

Post by lem2bert » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:25 am

Barbara

Great job Barbara, cannot wait to see pictures !! Yes getting the other rooms clean after is the dreaded part, but at least you have room to clean it once the cages are all apart !! Have fun and I am sure you are enjoying that room very much !!
Betty 1 toy poodle and canary.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:22 am

Barbara lem2bert

Congratulations Barbara, you actually did it!!! Woo hoo!!!

I am so proud of you =D> =D> =D>

I am to the stage, where I sat down at 2am and sort of drew out a plan :roll:

Betty, you mentioned (I think), putting in a screen door (?) Did you build one yourself, or did you buy something somewhere? Could you post a picture?

Barbara, what are you using as a door?

That will have to be the first thing on my list, to keep the birds in, and the dogs out. Some sort of a screen door, with a baby gate on the outside of it, just for extra dog proofing.

The room has a regular door, but I never use it, as it gets too stuffy in there, hence the need for a screen door, that will fit on the hinges like a regular door.

P.S. Regarding the Socies, maybe they need a little corner shelf, where they can all pile up into a pyramid, lol.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:54 pm

lovezebs I am using I think the same door as Betty a plain wood screen door it is hinged I put a hook in eye on the ouside not worried about my dogs too much when I'm home but if we go out without them they might push the door opened and then not be able to get out.I did put there exact wiker swing up in the trees and at different areas because all the birds loved them so I had them in all the flight cages.They had a real bad night last night even with there night lights stung all around the room,I had to go in and turn a a floresant light on and they still were having a real hard time all night.Hope its better tonight.Going to try to post pictures but if there sideways again I'll try again hate them when they not straight up
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:09 pm

Well the bird nest(name of bird room) is about finished,I might add some more rope and greenery as the leaves fall off the trees.but it came out pretty much like I planned thanks to everyones ideas I thank-you.All but the Society have adjusted very well because the society are use to sleeping all on a wicker swing and even though it was in the room they just couldnt all figure out where they were,hopefully tonight will be easier on all of them .

Here is pictures of the "Bird Nest"
Attachments
20170714_094021.jpg
20170714_101333(1).jpg
20170714_093643.jpg
20170714_093615.jpg
20170714_113536.jpg
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:15 pm

Here are just a few more
Attachments
20170714_094117.jpg
20170714_093956.jpg
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:57 pm

Barbara

I LOVE the frog. Oh my gosh, he is so cute.

The "Bird's Nest", looks absolutely beautiful!!! =D>

You're lucky that the walls were already finished, and that you have a tiled floor. Those are kind of major concerns for me, with oak hardwood flooring, and wood panelling on the walls.

I really don't want to ruin the floor [-X , and not sure how well the panelling will hold under repeated washings, so plastic on the walls (floor to ceiling) will be a must. The floor, well.... we shall have to wait and see.

Could you post a picture of this screen door Barb, as I'm not sure what exactly it looks like? Was it bought in a home depot store or something like that?
~Elana~

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:23 pm

lovezebs Mr Froggy was outside ,but it was actually a pain because,you have to k empty espically with all the rain was always worried about msquitos I love him in the bird room they already are taking baths so think I'll have to get something else besides it being on a cage tray with a piece of felt to collect the water they get it everwhere,I know they sell those waterproof mats at Drs.Foster and smith have to check it out dont want a lot of water on the floor.The "Bless Our Nest"sign we found at a flea market for $1. I was very lucky the room was done and even though my wall can be washed down I have plastic 3/4 way up.I did get the screen door from home depot and it was around $30.Here is the door
Attachments
20170714_141455_resized.jpg
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:26 pm

Barbara

Thanks.
~Elana~

lem2bert
1 Egg Laid
1 Egg Laid

Post by lem2bert » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:53 pm

Barbara

WOW !!! Beautiful room. I love the frog bird bath and the way you hung your feeders !! Plants on the floor with the trees are a beautiful touch !! You did a great job !!

Thank-you for inviting me over to sit in your new bird room it was so peaceful !!! I enjoyed it very much. :D

I just may steal some of your ideas !!! :)

I am sure you will enjoy many happy hours sitting in that room !! =D>

lem2bert
1 Egg Laid
1 Egg Laid

Post by lem2bert » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:55 pm

lovezebs

Sorry I did not get to this sooner :(

lem2bert
1 Egg Laid
1 Egg Laid

Post by lem2bert » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:58 pm

DSCN2144.JPG
DSCN2143.JPG
Elana, It resembles the screen door my mom had on our back door when we were kids. I can still hear her now......don't slam the ......door , :shock: but we always forgot and let it go. Now I know better !! :)