Birds being Birds

For questions about finch enclosures (cages & aviaries).
Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Re: Birds being Birds

Post by Barbara » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:23 pm

Celeris they all seem very happy being able to fly all around and not being cofined to a cage I feel very fortunate that I was able to use my extra room for them
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked
Family of six ,Family of seven+three Society

Celeris
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Post by Celeris » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:31 pm

Barbara

I bet they are such happy little critters! Definitely very lucky to have an entire room all to themselves!

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:26 pm

Celeris. You know I always used that room for them in cages I just bought more of those flight cages F030 cages some one gave me two and we bought five and they all fit in that room we connected some and then my hubby said boy did you do this wrong what you should of done was just let them fly free you use the room anyway.It was on my mind but we spent so much $$$$ in those flight cages but he said ohh just do it then when Betty did hers we just went for it .And they do love it I love siting in there watching them explore everything.
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked

Celeris
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Post by Celeris » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:51 pm

Barbara

I love hearing that your husband encouraged you to do it! I'm not certain mine would be quite alright with going that far, but he's definitely more a lover of the birds than he pretends he is. I think we'd both not know what to do with the silence if we were without our guys!

What did you do with those modified flights? Were you able to find someone to buy them to kind of pay you back for the investment?

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:54 pm

Celeris Hubby helped me with it a lot,we both put up with each others hobbys,he is always working on something right now he is restoring a 1953 Ford wagon,and of course me with my birds and my two little maltese.As far as the flights I knew I would never go back to cages and didn't know anyone that wanted to deal with all the pieces they were in,and seeing as hubby is a scrap dealer we scraped them.I have tried to sell cages on craigs list and never had much luck with people asking so many questions,not wanting to pay you anything for them and in the end never showing up.I feel I enjoyed them in there flight so it was worth having them and now moving on to the room,we try not to look back on the $$$$ lost.sometimes you just can't put a price on things you do or even don't do.
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked

Celeris
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Post by Celeris » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:52 pm

Barbara

Bummer about the flights! If only our little finch group was a bit more condensed geographically--I bet you could have found buyers on this forum (if we weren't all so far away.) Glad you're able to let the lost money go and just enjoy your critters, though.

Glad you guys tolerate and even appreciate one another's hobbies! I've tried to do that with my husband's amateur radio hobby, even to the point of getting licensed. The trouble is, I'm not much of a people person, so I've never used the license! Haha!

How many finches all together do you have in this room of yours?

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:45 am

Celeris. We are from so many different countries on this site,that does make it intersting that we all share the love of our birdies and want the best life we can give them,too bad the world couldnt live in peace.I had to laugh at you trying with your hubbies hobby I dont know how many hrs I have listened to mine talk about engines and all that car stuff I just dont get anything he is saying, and we have been married 37 years!!!!! when were out in about if a old car is a distance away he know the exact make and year.It amazes me every time

I have 15 societies,1 canary 4 zebras,2 orange cheeks,2gordon bleu,2gold breast I think that makes 26 in all I have two English keets and 2 Bourkes but there in huge cages in my living room in the future I may give them some time in the flight room but for now just the small ones are in there.
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:19 pm

Barbara Celeris

I'm pretty sure you can sell the F030's on line.

You're not going to get the money you bought them for, but you will at least get some of your money back.

Regarding showing interest in the men-folk's hobbies.

It's funny how women always feel the need to show interest, but men so rarely do, lol. We as women sit there listening to all the jibber jabber with a rapt expression on our smiling faces, nodding every now and again to show that we're listening. While men tend to get a blank far away look in their eyes after the first 2 seconds, then after half an hour say something like... " Yea, uh-hah, sure, ummm... what did you say?" Or "I'm sorry, were you talking to me?" When the two of you are the only two people in the room :evil: .
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:26 pm

lovezebs. hubby does exactly that but I will have to admit I do the same when he talks (CARS) :D only I don't hear jibber jabber Elana I hear blaaablaaablaaa :x
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:29 pm

Barbara

It's sort of like the sounds adults make on the Charlie Brown cartoons, isn't it?
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:52 pm

lovezebs. :D I love charlie brown cartoons
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:58 pm

Barbara

Me too.... :D
~Elana~

Celeris
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Post by Celeris » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:16 pm

Barbara lovezebs

Wow! Twenty-six birds! I feel like that many would definitely be easier to manage in a full room. The quail are reminding me why I took a break from "caged" animals after my hedgehogs passed--what a stinky mess! (And with six quail, you can smell it clear across the house if I don't get the three cages cleaned fast enough.) You have some very lucky birdies indeed!

My husband actually does a very good job at listening and learning about my hobbies. He even engages me with questions! Which is why I try real hard to "get into" his radio obsession. Though I like to tease him when he comes home with a new radio and ask if that means I get to buy another bird! :lol:

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:16 am

Celeris

I think that would only be fair =D> .
~Elana~

Celeris
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Post by Celeris » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:44 pm

lovezebs

In that case, he owes me a good twenty birds or so! Guess I'd better get shopping! :lol: