Birds being Birds

For questions about finch enclosures (cages & aviaries).
Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Re: Birds being Birds

Post by Barbara » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:44 pm

Celeris. It has been a lot easier to clean,but I really didnt mind doing the cages,I think when they were in the cages I knew what was going on more it seems with being free they all really want to breed even though there are no nest anwhere so I'm going thru a few problems that I never really had a problem with before,Like one of my society was egg bound she has fully recovered but has not been put back in the flight room yet she is still in a cage I hope it doesnt happen to her again but will have to watch closely everyone in the bird room are all pretty excited the past few days . [-X little racsals

Thats very intersting your hubby is good at listening I think you have a rare find :D
Mine hears a few words here in there I can tell after all these years he is trying but his mind is somewhere else he has a lot of good point so I have overlooked some of them over the years and he has also overlooked mine it works so that a good thing
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked
Family of six ,Family of seven+three Society

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:10 pm

Celeris

My favorite kind of shopping, lol.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Celeris
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Post by Celeris » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:40 pm

Barbara

Oh goodness, I'd never even thought of that! I imagine it's a lot easier to keep an eye on everyone's health/babies in the cages. Sorry to hear about your little gal getting eggbound! It's not something I've ever had to deal with (all male finches), but then notion scares the daylights out of me. (Especially now that I have the quail, who are laying daily.)

I think he's a pretty great catch. He's got his flaws (don't we all?), but having someone who genuinely wants to know about your interests is a pretty wonderful thing.

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:52 am

Celeris I never had any of them get egg bound and I would say for the two years I had my society in there flight cage they never dropped eggs anywhere,and when I did breed I always pulled the pair and set them up with a nest by therself,now I find egg shells all the time,now I know I have a male and female for sure with the gordon bleu and the goldbreast,so it could be there eggs because they are pretty much the same size.the thing with society they breed anytime all year if they could.I was lucky with my one that was egg bound this time but not sure about going thru that again I just happen to see her early enough and I could stay home all day and that the steam baths helped her.

I agree with you I feel pretty luck with mine too we know after 37years each other pretty good and all we have been thru in our life we overlook a lot of things,(or at least try)we certaily get over things a lot quicker then our younger years.old age has its benefits :D
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked
Family of six ,Family of seven+three Society