Finally getting AE cage

For questions about finch enclosures (cages & aviaries).
Christian
Nestling
Nestling

Finally getting AE cage

Post by Christian » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:37 pm

I cancelled my chicken run for my canaries. I finally decided to buy an AE double flight cage in platinum.I've got six canary hens that should be very happy. I just couldn't make up my mind what cage to get. But this setup seems best for the price. I've had one years ago. Setting it up was a tedious process. I'm wondering how many hens can be kept in this cage. Obviously minds are going to differ--lol. I am still trying to get my canaries to eat canary seed. No luck of any kind. But they are sampling the goldenfeast crumbles. Bought millet mix from glamgouldians along with miracle meal.
I spoke with morningbirdproducts about the canary seed I bought from them. They said I will receive a box full of samples in regards to finch/canary diet. See what they like and dislike. Very good service from them!!! But I sure never thought canary seeds would give me trouble.

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Re: Finally getting AE cage

Post by Babs _Owner » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:12 pm

Christian

It took months and a lot of $$ and wasted seed to figure out just the right blend that my gouldians prefer.

To save time, ask the previous owners what he/she fed them. And thats what they will probably gravitate to for their staple diet.

If they all came from different places, then I would go with ordering seed types separately, then placing a several bowls of seed with each bowl containing one seed type.

See what seeds they are prone to eat more of and ask for a special blend tailor-made to what you know they enjoy.

I have a special mix blended for me and shipped each month, and its what they like to eat, so little waste.