Sleeping on the chicken

For questions about finch enclosures (cages & aviaries).
Millenia
Hatchling
Hatchling

Sleeping on the chicken

Post by Millenia » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:33 am

I wish I had been able to get a photo last night! At midnight I was outside trying to capture all of my societies because I had accidentally run them out of their nest after dark and after 2 hours they were still scattered in the cold and dark. I was afraid they would all freeze to death since they were so scattered and not bundled up together. I keep three small Serama chickens in the aviary with them and they all get along well.

It was dark because the darker it is, the easier they are to catch. I had 5 out of 6 socies captured and the last one disappeared. I was running the flashlight every which way trying to figure out if she had escaped somehow. The chickens were roosting above my head in a dead redwood tree that we 'planted' in there years ago. They were mildly amused at watching me but never came down to participate.

Finally I spotted her, comfortably perched on top of one of my hens. With the flashlight on her the other hen spotted her and was moving in to investigate so I took the flashlight away and they all settled down.

This morning all is well. I guess a chicken that lays tiny eggs is good for something after all.

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Re: Sleeping on the chicken

Post by Babs _Owner » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:44 am

Millenia

Who was watching WHO! :))

Millenia
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by Millenia » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:55 am

Babs
I know, right? And you know they were all laughing their little tail feathers off.

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:00 pm

Millenia

This made me laugh indeed! Thanks for sharing! I wish I could have chickens. :YMSIGH:

Pictures would be great!

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:07 pm

Millenia

Got a good laugh from your post, lol.

Very clever bird!
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:53 pm

Millenia haha I could really imagine seeing the little finch cuddled into the chicken haha :mrgreen:
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3