bird catch net

For questions about finch enclosures (cages & aviaries).
Dave
Sisal Slave
Sisal Slave

bird catch net

Post by Dave » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:52 pm

I have a big walk-in aviary in a garage. And yes, once in a while a bird escapes from the aviary into the barn. The bird is still a captive in the garage itself. When that happens, I put out food and water. Usually I can catch the bird that night.

A bird net would make that easier. I've always wanted one, but they seem very expensive. $30 to $50.

So, after years of not having one, I finally made a catch net. $10 for a fishing net, and $3 for cheese cloth (of which there is a lot left over). I cut off the fishing net from the frame, as the holes are too large and the net itself is stiff. Then I used zip-strips to attach cheese cloth to the frame.

I'm not catching wild lions here. This is plenty sturdy enough for a 1 ounce bird:
Attachments
DSCN1211.JPG
Dave

Campbellsville, Kentucky, USA
Canaries

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Re: bird catch net

Post by Fraza » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:31 pm

Dave hi I just use a simple fishing net anyway to catch mine if one escapes in the house or when I’m catching them from the aviary I also caught one once in the pet shop which was so scary as they had a dog in there the minute it landed I just grabbed a goldfish net and wiped it haha maybe doesn’t sound good but it was better than it escaping

Nice net tho :mrgreen:
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: bird catch net

Post by lovezebs » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:47 am

Dave

You can pick up kid's butterfly catching nets at the Dollar Store for a buck or two . They work great for catching birds.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~